Russian River - Russian River (beer) in California

And it is - as a supplement to a report about Fort Ross. On the way back to San Francisco Alex (my conductor) cost a lot of sweat to persuade me to stop in Santa Rosa, in his favorite brewery «Russian River Brewing Co.». Well, nothing in my head did not fit the combination of America and beer. Germany - yes. Belgium, Ireland - this is understandable. But beer in California? Strange. Moreover, we were soaking wet and stiff after the festivities in the rain on the ocean. However, to deny hospitable locals it was inconvenient, we still went to the brewery, and I have not regretted:
6 ph © drugoi

Russian River - so called because a river flowing in these places, where everything is connected to the Russian colony. Brewery young - she was only thirteen years old. It is engaged in manufacturing of different beers, experiments and achieves excellent results - in 1999 became the "mini-brewery of the year."

On the blackboard were written beers are served here. What is there just no - by Irish stout and English ale from imported malt to the IPA - Indian Pale Ale. This was cooked earlier so that it slowly ferment in barrels until the ship doplyvёt from British breweries to India or America. Several beers are aged in casks of wine - the taste of his lover.

The «Russian River Brewing Co.» eighteen beers brewed. We have to break up the glass of light, a large pizza (really wanted to have) and Alexei ordered the "sampler" - a wooden board with a pen and small cups, which poured all that is now in the pub.

Next to each cup was a traffic jam with the name beers. Oh Well you, my God, all this had to drink. Carefully, with pauses, a detailed commentary that gave Alex. By the tenth (or what is it?) Glass I was already quite good - strong beer, head strikes, Mama Do not Cry.

The main "business" beer is sold here in such bottles and costs about $ 30.
He does, in general, I did not expect such a luxury brasserie around the corner from San Francisco.

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting