Photo. Toad

Early sunny May morning. We're on a holiday village in the Novogrudok district. In the morning silence continuous cacophony around the neighborhood resounds "Kwak-Kwak-Kwak" ... One is forced to heading back to where this came the incessant din.

Over a small lake the sun rises just yet, and its slanting rays of bright flashing iridescent wings of dragonflies.
Very near the coast, under the willow inclined over water, sports two dozen frogs.

They loudly flop in the water, playing with the other sisters, jump up and fall back noisily, rather muttering.
Storks and herons somewhere far away, snakes can not see, and they feel safe.

A few minutes after my cautious approach to the edge of the lake, they get used to me and renew their marriage "songs".
And I do not make any sudden movements, and start working. A telephoto lens allows me to keep a distance from frogs and observe their usual
life without threats or scare chase with the morning sun illuminated area.

By the way, thanks to the frogs made many discoveries, they even put two monuments - in Japan and France, so great their achievements in the field of medicine.
And in the conservation of biological balance and controlling insects their merits even more significant: it is estimated that they consume about 1 to 2% of damaging insects.

However, frogs, and toads as are we to the "unloved" types - they crushed, beaten, killed often just because they are "nasty", although defenseless.
Another interesting quality: frog lake all his life remain faithful to his native pond, hunting on the banks of the insects and escape from any danger underwater.

Photos - Sergei Grits

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting