Ice drift on the Tom River

Yes Yes Yes! ))) In this heat is very nice to remember that such a substance as ice, is not only in the freezer))

Urgent cases did not allow me to publish these photos after the immediate events. Now (on vacation), I can do it. (Author writes photos ZmeyAA)

Ice drift in Tomsk went abnormally later time. Because of the harsh and long winter ice thickness at different locations of the river was about 6-9 meters. The situation is complicated by ice jams formed at the confluence of river. Tom in the district. Ob. Sensing the imminent breaking of the ice (end of April 2010), I was with my girlfriend for four days on duty at the river in the hope that it will go the same day rather than at night, as it usually happens. I almost did not sleep all the time, hoping to catch a "live" event. I haggard, thin, and sunburn during this time. Also affected my liver, for "dry" expect this event was not possible. When I sometimes fall asleep at home (for those 4 days), I had nightmares that I missed the moment Drifting !!! I jumped up in the night and wanted to go to the river, and the only reasonable arguments of my friend stopped me. During this time, the level of Tom rose and fell, but serious shearing was observed.

12 ph

Ice actively blew MChSniki (from a helicopter onto the ice surface dropped firecrackers) during the week, but due to the breaking of the ice jam and did not go. The weather was hot for April, and the people intensely interested in drifting ice (you will see it in the photos). I led a shooting in the "White House" (administration) on the waterfront district. Tom. By the end of the fourth day, I was exhausted and slept at home, but when I woke up at 23.30, then pulled into the River! And ... a little late (that's a shame !!!). The river was already (MChSniki efforts and their flash-bangs). Presented a series of images shows the state predledohodnoe Tom River in the central region of Tomsk. This infection (Tom) went the same night. The temperature plummeted to 15 degrees, rain go, and wind gusts made from mushrooms umbrellas volnushek type (ie, wrenched them inside out). Two photos at night (not very successful) show the situation is an ice drift. Last picture shows that ice could carry cars and buildings in the streets of Tomsk. So high the river did not rise since the beginning of the last century.

Ice on the waterfront

A view from the ice floe

From the same

Brave girl in red

The end of April, but still hot

"White House" (left) side of the River

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting