It is no secret that today the poker game is extremely high demand. The opening of new online poker rooms, television broadcasting, world championships and tournaments prove this fact.
And what is the secret of such popularity? Try to understand ...
Various sources of occurrence date indicated differently.
In some - 400-500 years ago, in the other - in the 20s of the 19th century.
Thus according to one version, the first mention of an exciting game similar to poker in 1526 are: Italy and Spain loved to play «primero», and the same game in France called «la prime».
Each player gave up 3 cards, then declared in a circle rates, and eventually won one of the combinations of three or two cards of equal value, or three suited cards.
On the other - the existence of Poker dates back to the 10-20 years of the 19th century.
He appeared in the former French territory of New Orleans, Louisiana.
Actively developing in gaming parlors located on ships navigating the Mississippi around 1811.
First described forms of poker - a game deck of 20 cards, distributed evenly among the four players to bet on a narrow range of combinations - one pair, two pairs, triples and full (three cards of one rank and two cards of another).
Poker with a deck of 20 cards is mentioned in numerous publications of the time, but in 1830 about him begin to be phased out.
It is considered that the current name of the game "poker" was just the name of the French card fun of the eighteenth century, however, some dictionaries refer us to the Indian «pukka» and even slang pickpockets. By the way, this latest version of the origin of the word "poker" is to be mentioned.
One of the first new extremely popular game described by Jonathan Green during his trip to Mississippi in 1834.
He often watched the sailors fought with enthusiasm in the cards, so one day decided to ask that kind of game.
It was attended by 2-4 people, and a deck of cards composed of aces, kings, queens, jacks and tens (ie a total of 20 cards).
Greene dubbed this card fun "game cheaters" because time to see how it was important to cheat and bluff.
The sailors told, if before in something like amused simpletons crooks, hustlers, while playing fishing expedition have entered the passion and lost vigilance purses («poke» - «purse" in the slang of American pickpockets), finally zadurivaya sacrifice obscure «poker» («poke »+« r »). The transition to the 32-card, and then a full deck was driven by a desire to attract more people to the game, to extend the existing combination of cards and, most importantly, provide a sufficient number of cards to share - another relative novelty, which in turn is made of Poker - art. This novelty was inherent in the English variation of poker - Braga, in the Americanized form is played at the beginning of the 19th century.
Between 1830 and 1845 all play poker 52 cards, which allowed to participate in more than four players and gave the flash as an additional combination. Only at the end of this period the players began to actively use the exchange is already known from modern Braga. This is a tremendous increase in gambling through the implementation of the second round of betting opportunities and to improve the combination of cards held by players. The first mention of poker with the exchange appeared in 1850 in the US edition of «John's New Handbook of Games» - collection of card games.
Since the mid-19th century, poker has undergone many changes and innovations, and a widely used Civil War. Appeared Stud Poker, the invention cowboys in it cards are dealt two players. One card face-down - face down, one in the light. The others - openly face up one card per round. After each new card is held open a round of betting. After the last round of the autopsy determined the strongest combination, and she wins the pot. This started playing poker in 1864 in the vicinity of Illinois, Ohio, Indiana.
In the twentieth century, was born poker club, which has now more than a dozen varieties, including Texas Hold'em, Omaha, Five Card Draw, Seven Card Stud poker. The most common of these is the Texas Hold'em - the first card game, according to legend, from the American, appeared in the town of Robstown, Texas. From Robstown Hold'em migrated to Dallas, and gambling mecca of the United States, the famous Las Vegas, he was brought notorious in the world of poker Doyle Brunson and Amarillo Slim.
The most popular and the most common variation of poker is Texas Hold'em - a game involving one or more community cards. The first of its kind of the name "Wild Widow" appeared in 1919 - the players are dealt four cards, then give up one thing in common in the center of the table, which is considered the wild. After that, each player is dealt another card face up. Any card with face value of one that lies at the center of the table can be used as wild. The central map is not taken into account in combination.
Now Texas Hold'em - the official game in the tournament World Series of Poker (WSOP). For the first time the championship was held in 1970 and now each year attracts thousands of fans in the walls of the Horseshoe Casino in Las Vegas.
The popularity of Hold'em in the world is steadily growing, and that's poker, once the former "game cheaters" causes people to study the volume of game theory, then to compete in skill with his rival out of the country on the other side of the world.
Interesting facts about poker
1. In the state of New Mexico has a law that if two candidates for any post received equal number of votes, the result is determined by any game. A real case of the application of this law was recorded in 1998 in the town of Estancia. James Farrington and Joan Carlson scored 68 votes. James wanted to reveal the winner in poker, and Joan offered to roll the dice. First, we tossed a coin that determined to play poker, and then defeated James and became mayor of the city.
2. Anna Kournikova for her career has not won any adult professional tournament in singles. Poker players named in her honor combination of an ace and a king (AK), because it looks nice, but rarely wins.
3. The deck itself is fraught with, in addition to winning many mysterious significance. For example, the number of cards (52) corresponds to the number of weeks per year. The four suits - four seasons. 13 cards of each suit - 13 lunar cycles throughout the year. And adding all the values of cards in the deck, we get 364 (Joker - 365). Is not the number of days in the year?
4. The total number of possible poker combinations is 2,598,960 (for a deck of 52 cards)
5. Can a blind person to play poker? The answer is - yes, and Hal Lyubarskii proof. At the World Series of Poker in 2007, he managed to get to the prize money, taking the 197 place - and yet his vision is completely absent. Last month, Hal took a team of professionals at Full Tilt. At the table, Hal enlists the aid of the so-called "reader", who says his comments on the action cards and opponents.
6. There are more than 130 varieties of poker
7. The most successful and richest player today considered Phil Ivey. His fortune is estimated by various estimates from 12 to 20 million. Dollars
Victory to you!