Remembering the Soviet Union ... the hell out of the dropper

Everyone who had a chance at least once lie in the Soviet hospital in the 80s at the sight of these pictures should eknut.
These trinkets were made in hospital wards in almost any hospital.
Devils, fish, pens, key chains ... It was only necessary to obtain a drip ...

And then a flight of fancy and boring lying in a hospital room brightens fascinating process of weaving.
Most just had to make a handle. It need not have any special skills. Just a square weave around the ball stud, or as we called them then - pasta.
Devils do the same on the basis of square weave of minor modifications to the legs, arms, head and tail.
Some skills needed for the production of more complex fish, frogs and other craft, which already needed a fantasy and artful weaving.
Because the people in the hospital are relatively short - the basics assimilated quickly and you have to turn on a "master" the ability to transmit new in his room.
As a result, wherever and whoever you are lying in a hospital - always has been in the manufacture of sophisticated craftsman souvenirs.
The most important thing was to obtain the material.
In my childhood I was in hospital five or six times. Near the children's hospital in our city was the hospital, and we ran to the back yard, where there were dumpsters.
That's where it was mined, and all the material - in fact used the system thrown every day.
We do not take only with traces of blood. Everything else went in motion - you tube clips, needles and valves.
Sometimes tube painted brilliant green, methylene blue or potassium permanganate, to make it more beautiful crafts.
The head is normally fitted with a needle from the same dropper.
After discharge from the hospital, the school had to be sure to show off the handle of a dropper, devils or give a neighbor's party goldfish ...
And I remember that often the devils of droppers hung on the mirror at the drivers of buses and trolleybuses. And some of them on the windshields were whole exhibition ...

Shaggy jack

Fish

Ballpoint Pen

Another fish. Painted green paint

Doggie

These little devils hanging out the drivers of buses and trolleybuses

More yo

Another fish

Peasant alcoholic

Fish

And another fish ...

via aquatek-filips