Sunday brought me into the most secure courtyard of St. Petersburg, on the base of the special detachment "Bastion".
The thing is that in St. Petersburg a delegation of the Chinese comrades consisting of children of employees of the Ministry of Public Security of the People's Republic, who died while on duty. After the cultural program of the museums and palaces of the city they went to visit the fraternal ministry for inspection equipment and weapons used in Russia for the protection of the rule of law.
32 Photo © Paul 'PaaLadin' Semenov for Reedus News
01. Of course the most important unit in the fleet is the BTR-80 engine with 260 hp and machine gun KPVT 14, 5 mm.
02. PBC 7, 62 somewhere from the tower gone, replaced by a gaping hole alone.
03. In the Service Division are both Russian and foreign developments.
04. For example, this car «Hummer» guards order is valued for outstanding performance audio system that allows in the case of mass riots interrupt crowd noise.
05. Bomb Unit moves to the special vehicles made on the basis of minibuses «Ford» and "Gazelle". Inside there are such interesting things as "Reed", "bumblebee", "Grotto", "Varan".
06. That's the way himself "Varan" - robotic system.
07. Unfortunately there was a small epic fail, when the robot put on charging hours ago - forgot to switch the toggle switch on the body, and as a result refused to turn on the robot. Quick to put on a charge does not work, charging it for a long time. As a result, it showed his guests stationary.
08. The remote control robot.
09. The mobile X-ray system "Bumblebee".
10. Also presented were unremarkable «Fiat» where staff arrives on the scene, and remarkable "tiger" which later ...
11. There was also a diverse collection of small arms used by fighters of the regiment. Starting from pistols ...
12. ... and ending with the sniper and assault rifles.
13. Adult Ministry officials accompanying the children on this trip, with joy examined a representative sample of weapons.
14. A soldier of the detachment explains the magnitude of the sight leaf. "Spili fly, son!»
15. The Russian security officials also do not deny yourself the pleasure to hold in the hands of military weapons and kiss with closed eye.
16. Experts readily identify this wonderful cannon. Quick-design allows secretly deliver it to the place of use, but unfortunately there is a fast barrel racing and has to be changed frequently.
17. Children of the Chinese delegation with interest listened to a lecture about the perfection of the Russian arms.
18. The quantities of components used.
19. Ladies of the delegation was particularly interested in shirokostvolnye grenade launchers.
20. The male part of the delegation stoically vosprinala this interest.
21. Of particular interest to the Chinese delegation, called the Russian machine gun "Pecheneg" allows one person to fight with vastly superior in numbers by the
22. On examination of technical sredst Bomb children try on a helmet gave the suit "Grotto" designed for the safe operation of an explosive device.
23. Genuine interest was also caused domestic armored car "Tiger" is used in the fight against aggro mood of the crowd.
24. Due to the wide wheelbase and large weight of these vehicles are used for covering the streets and block unsanctioned rallies. "The raging crowd simply can not flip a car" - said the employee of the group.
25. At the end of the inspection all come to the main in this exhibition - an armored personnel carrier.
26. I sit on the armor means, shoot ... and then they all top lomanutsya.
27. It turned out that it was traditional for such events photo in armored vehicles. And I was afraid, I thought - has begun!
28. At the end of the visit held a minute of silence in memory of Stella riot police killed in the line of duty.
29. Members of the delegation presented to employees troop memorial sign with the coat of arms of his ministry.
30. Before boarding the bus delegation goodbye photographed against the background of the character group.
31. The memorial sign Petersburg awarded to employees.
32. Logo of the ministry.