Old radio (or the fact that warms the soul)

All Good day.
For a long time I read PL and accumulated a lot of what I want to share ...
First - this is my hobby (one of them). Collecting tube radios, old, pretty, rare and simple ... In general, the best variety. Receivers a lot, but until I'm all about. I have a most valuable - 6N-1 release in 1938. Veteran war passed. And he was not in very good condition. There was an idea to revive him.
In general - to the public, an attempt to breathe new life into a very old thing ...

There are several bukaf foty. Roj not
The end will tell. If you like it - there will be more and more photons bukaf.

So that's what he looked like before restoration (I would say to the "revival»)

It all started with the disassembly:
He took off his pen

Fabric

And that's what happened

Then the fun begins. The receiver was created in '38, and then on top of that time receiver varnish repainted some sexual / Parquet paint. Total we have two layers of coating, which has withstood more than half a century. There is logical question - how to remove these layers. Grinding - stupid and ineffective. It used a special remover for paints (paints and varnishes). Name - Zip Guard on the safe side, the price - 200 UAH. Apply one layer of brush and just phagedenic every tree (by the way, the asphalt melts, tested by me). After 10 minutes, remove with a spatula "kesyu-mesyu", namely what was left of the paint and varnish.

That's what we get - a pure wooden cabinet

Next - interesting. After grinding pretty caused a red stain, about 10 layers, got color "Wenge" (people - ripe cherry, dark red-brown). In general, very beautiful color. Then - two layers of transparent two-component gpoliuretanovogo soil with an intermediate grinding.

The next day, I make an intermediate sanding vysohzhego ground and blocked this case a two-component polyurethane varnish. Gloss - 60 glosses, almost glossy, correct - "psevdoglyanets».

It is already in the car, driving home late at night

It all was very late at night and the next day started for the building process. Oh yeah, I forgot not to bother with gold patina edging scale painted gold paint from a container and blocked the semi-matt varnish. In general, fixed tissue and edging scale. As for fabrics, home neatly wrapped and preserved in poor condition she podrata and torn. Therefore, the fabric had to be replaced. I think it took a pretty tasteful.

That's what we have

He also

Just collect all the wonderful receiver 6N-1 and, excuse me, I will brag about!

Again

From another angle

In the "forehead»

Posted in [mergetime] 1335177102 [/ mergetime]
While all! Waiting for criticism or anything else ... well, there is praise ... (red)))

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting