Hand-made keyboard

Have in your life,% username%, so when you're a long time like strange? No matter what - because everyone has different tastes and preferences. My passion in me sat a long time, but one still escape. I like to do unusual things, and I always liked modding as a means of self-expression. Several years ago I was inspired products modders from different countries and started to think about some of their projects. In particular, I wanted to make a stylized nineteenth century keyboard.
hence

Having studied the works of such well-known modders like Filimon and Datamancer, I went to work. Just want to say that although I am not complaining about the complete lack of imagination, but I like to get a predictable result. Therefore, before you take up the instrument I tried to simulate what I want to get a result. Another feature of this project is that all the software that I use at work, is an open and free: OS - Debian testing, software - Blender, LibreCAD, Inkscape.

So my idea was to make the keyboard in a wooden case, first of all I need to know section of wooden pieces that I need. Carefully measuring the keyboard donor, I sat down at the drawing and modeling.

And

Drawn two-dimensional projection, I took up modeling in 3D.

So, the appearance of the device loomed and it's time to implement it in the tree and brass. The material of the housing has been selected ash, oak veneer for overlays.

More

Keyboard donor in the final should be between the two plates of veneered MDF.

Seats were carefully Gaugeable keys and on the basis of the data was compiled in drawing LibreCAD. According to him it will be cut holes in the MDF-plate.

Already with holes

Green LEDs bydi removed and in their place were soldered LEDs larger size, giving a warm, lamp glow.

To look even warmer LEDs and lamps, they had made a brass strip.

According to the drawings were commissioned pieces of wood needed sections which were subsequently processed by hand, hold the instrument. According to the drawings the same.

The whole structure will be pulled together by pins, but I absolutely did not want to share from my stuck nuts and the ends of the studs, so I decided to make a decorative brass buttons.

As for the keys, something I had to do their version of the buttons, but I decided that this is not tru. Therefore, round keys were machined from brass rod and elongated - forged from a brass plate.

Individual cases by a "space." It consists of three spayanyh blanks.

Facing the keys were cut from black glossy plastic. Letters and symbols applied by laser engraving.

After all the preparatory work, the details have been carefully sanded, abraded, revealed several layers of stains and Polace (also in several layers). After assembling everything began to look something like this.

In addition, as was the case made.

Truncated, you can admire!

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting