Highlander-K

Explosion-proof armored special vehicle

29 photos

As promised, I would like to write a separate post about the novelty of the exhibition Interpolitex 2012 Highlander armored-K and illustrate post photos that I managed to take the street car while traveling from the pavilion.

Highlander-K is an armored driver's cab and a module with improved mine protection mounted on KAMAZ-4326. According to the developer, on the information plate base vehicle (KAMAZ-43501) contains a mistake, in fact, it uses the chassis of KAMAZ-4326.

Highlander-K developed by a group of companies "Equipment" commissioned by PKU "NGOs" Spetstehnkia and communication "the Russian Interior Ministry. The main requirements were increased in developing anti-mine protection of the crew, the use in the highlands, the unification of components and assemblies with serial vehicles to reduce the cost of production and ease of maintenance. It can be concluded that the main "consumers" of the car, in case of delivery to the customer, will be units MIA of Russia in the North Caucasus

Armored Car for transportation of personnel and cargo transportation with providing protection from the damaging factors of small arms and explosive devices. The cab and the body are protected by the 5th class.

Highlander-K is based on cabover KAMAZ-4326, but the developers have managed to make the engine compartment somewhat forward, which provided the so-called "two feet of life." This is largely predetermined and shape of the car. This design of the car with its hood sharply falling line has caused the most debate. Developers explained this decision by saying that such a line hood improves the view of the road directly in front of the vehicle and, consequently, facilitate the work of the driver in the highlands.

The car body, which is bronekapsuly protects personnel from injury by bullets caliber 7.62x54R mm, as well as explosive devices weighing up to 2 kg of TNT. During the tests on the protection of mine developers held another blasting armored car with an explosive device weighing 7 kg of TNT. The results were good, but the damage of the crew were on the verge. In a real situation, depending upon many different factors, there may be lethal to some crew members. Therefore confirmed and guaranteed anti-mine protection remained at the level of 2 kg.

Back view. Well pronounced V-shaped body with attached drawers on each side.

In the words of the developers, the undermining of the car in an area of ​​the side hatch about a hinged staircase. It is noteworthy that this is the sample tested, after which he was given in normal form and sent to the exhibition.

On the roof of the body are three hatch and another one in the driver's cab. Hatches opened the lid on the direction of travel.

Behind the body is equipped with two hatches with sliding ladders.

One of the side mounts secure module to the frame.

The result of the shelling of the SVD standard cartridge 7.62x54R

The driver's door

The driver's cab interior and controls do not differ from mass-produced cars.

The body accommodates 8 people.

Do the windows provide loopholes for firing.

The ninth person can sit on a folding position in front of the body.

It should be noted that in the internal troops have long used similar armored vehicles, built on production chassis with small modifications. For example, 42 591 Ural Federal

and its earlier version.

KAMAZ also has its own development on the basis of production of trucks, for example, KAMAZ-5350 with a multi-functional module MM-501.

Highlander-K, but rather directly to a secure unit is different from the above sample that was originally designed with the requirements of the enhanced mine protection and is structurally similar to the V-shaped construction of the classical concept of MRAP. A similar scheme of this class of Russian armored-truck is probably the only SBA-60 on the basis of KAMAZ-5350 from the Corporation protection.

Especially not comparing like reduced-price options based on standard chassis with the latest domestic developments armored KAMAZ

Ural and family "Typhoon

or SPM-3 Bear. Obviously, this machine different generations, and between them there is a difference both in concept and cost and characteristics.

vitaly.livejournal.com/203351.html

All

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting