The sad tale

In the closet were two cups. Pale blue flowered. And saucers have been too pale blue with a gold stripe. Bought them for a long time, I have not even remember what the occasion. That two - for two. It was the first joint purchase. Therefore, the cup takes pride of place on the top shelf and drank tea from them only for the most solemn occasions.
As time went on. Cups quietly grew old together with the owners ... One cup has become a bit darker in the fact that its owner was very fond of strong tea. I changed cabinet in which they lived, varied dishes, standing beside him. But the cup remained together - the handle to the handle, saucer to saucer. And floral pattern on them, seemed to wink in the sun cheerful sparks.
Once in the house lived a new kettle. Sturdy, beautiful, full of himself, and a brilliant iron. And once, when boiling water was poured out of him in one of the cups, he touched his iron nose delicate and fragile china cup and cracked. Very unfortunate - a big crack went from the top to the bottom, so much so that all the water just poured out.
The man turned the cup in his hands, shrugged, then muttered to himself, "Well, it's only a cup" and threw the already cheesy dishes in the bin.
... At night, the house was awakened by a knock. Baffled, I turned on the light. We determined that the noise comes from the kitchen. Come watch. On the floor, right under the cupboard lay shattered the second cup. Pale blue, flowered. Upstairs were two empty saucer.

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting