Weekdays women pathologist

Pathologists majority of the inhabitants are presented only as hefty bearded guy in bloody aprons are so severe that they can keep on opening the knife in one hand and a sandwich with liver sausage - in another.

Smiling woman, physician-pathologist with seven years of experience Olga Konoplyanik, dispels this and other misconceptions about his profession.

5 photos and text under the cut

"Autopsy - a creative process!»

Pathologists - people sensitive: never cut to the quick. ©

"Contrary to popular opinion, the work of pathologists is not to stand for days on the dissecting table and relentlessly cutting dead people. Now in our practice autopsies getting smaller - they occupy, probably only about 10% of the doctor's work. Yes, maybe 2-3 opening day, but it happens and no.

Relatives of the dead, of course, not always happy opening, sometimes it comes to tantrums ... But on the other hand, because everyone wants their well treated by the doctors to thoroughly know the disease and its symptoms. A showdown - this is the most accurate diagnosis and the possibility of (primarily physicians) to look "inside" the results of their work, to find possible errors in the future - how to avoid them.

In general, opening - a creative process that requires considerable stress mind, logic, and even fantasy. It happens that the cause of death does not lie on the surface - then attracted further research methods, always be sure to follow pieces of microscopic examination of organs and tissues. Sometimes it does not need a day or two to the diagnosis "ripe" and place in an adequate conclusion about the cause of death. So it is in some ways even like a detective.

By itself, the process of opening of the once living man seems to many something from the category of horror films. In reality, everything is easier, safer. Usually all the "dirty" work in our case makes the orderly, that is, extracts the complex all the organs, after the doctor's work puts them back and prepares the body for burial. It is a good help, although most doctors still have the experience and self-extracting organocomplexes. "

"Almost every second patient LIVE passes through the hands and eyes pathologist»

"The second section of the work of pathologists, disproportionately, and the importance of it is simply impossible to overestimate - the study of biopsies. That is, taking the pieces of organs, tissues, or lesions in living patients. Plus microscopic examination of all surgical material: and this distant organs (appendix, uterus, gall bladder, etc.), all kinds of tumor ... It is our task - besides an accurate diagnosis. The number of such studies in the hundreds of thousands per year in the region.

And not every patient knows the diagnosis, then he puts the pathologist, and only after that other doctors on the basis of our opinion prescribe. And when you say that almost every second patient passes through the hands and eyes of a pathologist, then believe very few and still prefer not to deal with us in life, although probably already visited by "watchful eye" of someone from us.

Even in our practice are urgent biopsy (intraoperative) - they are given to us for 15-20 minutes, and the patient at this time on the operating table waiting for the result, which may depend on the future course of the operation and someone fate.

Generally, the biopsy operation is much more emotionally intense than the autopsy, because your conclusion can reassure someone, someone can cost lives, someone will give hope and someone will bring a sea of ​​tears, and willy-nilly three hundred times to think about what you see in the microscope. "

"Incidentally, this profession is quite popular!»

"My desire is to become a doctor, a pathologist arose spontaneously somewhere in the third year medvuza and took shape when we were students, drove for an autopsy. Then there was the difficult way of distribution - and here it is, the goal is reached.

Of course, many friends, and not all the relatives understand such a "strange" choice ... Yes, even for a girl. Some still hope that I will change profession. But most, including parents and husband, perceive the profession adequately. And for those who is biased, it is easier to say that I'm in a factory candy boxes in stack, and then the smell of chocolate will hear from me and not some other.

Occupation pathologist, incidentally, very popular, despite the terrible representation and not the highest salary ... In sixth year to future medical graduates is always more than a wish, but not everyone turns to get into our ranks. After all, here you need to be a great expert in all areas, to understand virtually all diseases, stress tolerance and have a good intuition. And, characteristically, I personally examples of the care of doctors from the profession in other professions do not know yet, but it says a lot. "

"We - not the" butchers "!»

Most of my colleagues - is very cheerful, kind, with a healthy sense of humor people, highly educated, read, literate, interesting and versatile. And it hurts when we are in the role of "butchers" Copa anyhow what. And they say that we are all as one drink of this life, and in my head we have, they say, that is not so arranged, once such work agree ...

Another common misconception - that our smells abominations and we smell it with you to bring home. Well, it's just ridiculous! At the morgue, as a rule, clean and bright, tile is not smeared with blood, and the smell is no worse than in any other branch of medical facilities. If the pathologist does everything carefully and correctly, "with the feeling, really, with the arrangement," it turns out, as earlier said, "anatomical theater" where you can get answers to many questions, not the bloody horrors. Furthermore, we reveal we only those patients who died within the hospital, and then mutilated with a long lie down and others face is not necessary. This is a lot of forensic medical examination, for that matter - what could hide - we work cleaner & quot ;.

"I fear spiders more than dead»

"How to deal with the dead? The extra emotions hardly relevant. And is it necessary? Deliberated on the fate and life of the deceased, or the specifics of his character is not necessary. There's no time, and even better to keep his nerves over each do not weep.

And their relatives or friends, of course, no one will not open - this is unethical and inhumane with respect to the doctor in the first place, so there is always a colleague who can help in such a difficult situation.

People often ask me if I do not dream corpses or nightmares. Well, what to say? Now, if a man gingerbread 12 hours a day packs up, they can also dream about it? So we have. Something can dream, especially if mentally nurtured some diagnosed or we think of an interesting case. And I do not dread the dead. Much more afraid of the dark, water, spiders and beetles all sorts.

And to change his job to another would not want to! Work, of course, is not easy: constantly need something to read, questions arise constantly, every day can be something new to see or very rare, there is a risk to face any infection or injured (all, like other physicians) ... But it is very interesting, there is a huge space for creativity and obtain satisfaction from his work. And that's exactly what I aspired to, choosing a doctor job! »

Source

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting