30 questions to the girl who came down from heaven

Infinitely romantic world where it is always bright sunshine and beautiful sunsets and sunrises. Where is always a sense of travel and discovery ... But all the romance often blurred because of a drunken brawler on board or conflict ladies who believe that the world should just them. Be the queen of heaven, or simply as a waiter in a restaurant air? A very difficult profession, but random people and it does not linger.

In Transaero Airlines operates more than 3,000 flight attendants. Wonderful girl Anastasia works with Transaero flight attendant in 2007, and became a senior flight attendant in the 2012th. Very interesting to know that the experience of retirement is only 10 years old, and monthly flying time is 80 hours. We talked about the challenges and benefits of the profession, the secrets and nuances ...

22 photos via alexcheban

- What are the specific requirements exist at the time of selection of personnel for the position of flight attendant?

Demands a lot. Besides education and moral readiness also have requirements for appearance and growth. If we talk about the size of clothing, it is up to 46 for women and 54 for men. The growth in women is desirable not less than 165 cm in men is not less than 175 cm. Of course, if the flight attendant goes beyond these parameters to it may have questions. However, I am not faced with a situation where someone was fired because of weight gain.

- You confuse the situation when a man asks a girl-passenger lift heavy things on the shelf, how to get out of this situation?

Of course, we have no right to refuse, but it is possible such a request, we try to delegate the male flight attendants.

- What is included in the initial training course except the actual aviation training and safety briefing?

Also includes the basics of makeup, catwalk lessons, rules of wearing form combinations of colors and textures. The mismatch of appearance standards airline before the flight can make a comment.

- What is the monthly rate of plaque?

80 hours per month. Flight hours are considered from the moment of starting the engine. For a month you can take more than 10 topping short flights, such as St. Petersburg, Kiev, in Frankfurt or Paris, or 3-4 times to fly to distant Relay flights lasting 10-12 hours.

- How does the feeling of traveling? As soon as you start to fly on relay flight (flights that suggests rest break at destination) after the coming into Transaero?

From travel is not possible to get tired, they do not get bored. However, we must realize that the "heavenly" profession - it is primarily the work, and the opportunity to see something - it's just a nice bonus that does not come immediately.
I joined the company in 2007, the year, while training involves training of flight attendants on many types of aircraft, which were at that time in the company. Within 5-6 months I started to have a business trip. The company's policy is that these early months are a kind of probation, when a flight attendant should show their best qualities. Only after that it will attract a relay to long flights.
Certainly, among my colleagues there are those who realize that the sky is not their element. These guys are not many and they do not usually have time to work out and year in the company.

- What are the further career growth for the flight attendant?

You can become an instructor, head of office, well ... and chief of flight attendants. :) All of these people continue to fly, but the main work on their land.

- Can you choose the route and direction? Each time a new crew or have permanent crews?

All our flights were painted by the planning department and the automatic system. Of course, their own flights, we can not plan, but we have a special service in the book where you can leave a wish or a request to put in any particular flight. For example, you can ask for the birthday put somewhere where you can relay bask in the sun.
And every time a new crew. For example, on a large Boeing 747 crew consists of 12-13 people and a small Boeing 737 from 4-5. We have a large office cabin crew, so many colleagues can be a couple of years to fly only once.

- How do you determine who work in business class, economy class or in the class Imperial?

In our service there is a division according to the divisions. There are offices of flight attendants in economy class, business class compartment and Imperial class. In business class can be accessed only after a certain time of work in the economy class, in Imperial business and only after serious examination. Here, I would like to note the seriousness of the Imperial Class cabin crew selection. They undergo additional training techniques work in a higher class of service, and only one commissioning can last two to three months.
By the way, between the flight attendants of different classes of service there are differences in shape. Between economy class and business, they are not significant, but in a completely different form imperialtsev.

- In what grade you work comfortably?

I like to work in business class, but each flight attendant their preferences. Some like to work in the economy, and someone is trying to Imperial.

- How many days do you spend away from home in a month?

Very differently. Sometimes, if there is some relay flights in a row away from home can be both 15 and 20 days.

- Conflict and drunken passengers that do take off?

The company trainings, and not only for beginners but also for experienced employees. These trainings focused primarily on the psychological aspects of conflict raboty.S passengers need to be flexible. Unfortunately, the rules of our legislation against passengers who violate the rules of conduct on board, is not adapted to the aviation industry. The plane with the regulatory point of view is equivalent to a public place and the penalty for violation of the rule of law is minimal, and after a drunken passenger there is a threat to safety of flight. Our passengers quite differently behave on board western airlines, because they know what responsibility they face there.

The only effective method of exposure in relation to inadequate passenger, this cancellation is a return ticket. It works, especially on long flights. But the "black list" in accordance with Russian law does not exist.

- How many sets catering spare / replacement on board?

Variously, it all depends on the type of aircraft and the duration of the flight. The average is 10 sets.

- How long the flight attendants rest during a long flight?

It all depends on how long it. On Transatlantik is typically up to 5 hours between the first and second round of service. Of course, at this time the cabin is left unattended and behind him is always someone watching.

- Is it feasible: to fly off somewhere along the way and stay at destination on holiday and then return flight work?

Unfortunately, this is not possible. The leave must begin and end in Moscow, ie not on a business trip.

- You got stuck in traffic / sick / contingencies ... Who will fly in flight instead of you?

At the base airport and flight attendants always have pilots who are reserve. Reserve a night and day. For example, in Domodedovo they are in a hotel opposite the office of the airline. In contrast to the office staff, we can not write off a no-show for a flight on a bad mood or a headache. "The performance will take place in all weather conditions»:
On board I go out to the passengers, smile and forget about what the mood was bad. We as actors.

- Do you think flying hours, whether it is a practical sense? When the flight attendants coming retirement age?

Yes, I think. Retirement age is after 10 years in the sky.

- What are the occupational diseases of flight attendants?

I would note varicose veins. This work, of course, does not affect positively on the health of the female body, but I think it all depends on the physiology of a particular person.

- And how to pregnancy?

From the first days of pregnancy she can not fly and goes to ground services. In our company there are a couple of existing flight attendants, who have three children. They met in the company. :)
And after the release of the decree is undergoing flight attendant REFRESH-training, which lasts a month.

- Holidays with the family. How much you pay for a ticket?

For employees, we provide service tickets (ie paying taxes and fees). Those who have worked for less than one year are entitled to issue such tickets only for themselves, but after a year, such a possibility is provided for family members.

- "Well, where we do not." Pros and cons of Transaero: why do not you change your company? What are my options and where to leave your colleagues?

Everywhere has its pluses and minuses. I came into the company for a long time and I think its his to date. The main advantage I think our team.
And go for various reasons. Someone goes to the business aviation, someone on the ground, someone in the other company where another flight more comfortable for them. Everywhere has its own nuances. For example, you can work on a private business jet, which often make out the flight attendants to work as managers. In this case, do not take into account years of service and, accordingly, all the resulting bonuses not allowed. Yes, the salary is higher, but the predictability of workload tends to zero, it nenormirovanaya work wear.

- Old and new aircraft, the passenger noticed the defect, what are you doing?

I always take such comments into the personal account, so I did something did not finish. And, of course, a pity that we have something wrong. I would like to note that aviation is no concept of "old aircraft", and the more direct communication with security. Aircraft - a complex mechanism that has its regular maintenance cycles. It all depends on people's attitudes towards technology. In this matter, we are all very seriously. A passenger sees only salons that will eventually wear out naturally. For extreme two years, our company has updated the interiors of most aircraft. Now they have a good entertainment system, new seats and even the internet on board.

- Passenger offered a drink on brundershaft you agree?

No way! :)

- Personal space, the social network you have, will you give your contact to the passenger?

I keep my personal space. Certainly ask telefonchik has consistently. Sometimes immediately offered to marry, especially the passengers of charter flights, but then the answer is obvious.
It all depends on the person. I can get acquainted with the passenger, but it is an individual moment, however, as outside of work. Sometimes passengers learn hello, say that flew with me for more than a flight - this is nice.

- Everyone loves to write complaints and how to thank the flight attendant? What is necessary for flight attendant thanks from passengers?

The most basic - is the output to say "thanks for the flight." You can write in the guestbook, which is on board. You can write in the official airline groups in social networks and on the company website. Each of us has his instructor, who tracks the complaint as well as gratitude.

- A wedding on board were?

Ceremonies were not, but the couple in the wedding trappings happened more than once, of course, we congratulate them, in this case, you can move away from the template and standards of service.

- The water in the toilet - drinking? Generally water may end?

Theoretically yes, but practically, I never met with such.

- You play in Flight Simulator?

No, I - no. And the boys play. :)

- Do you play hide and seek in the large aircraft during flights without passengers?

No (laughs), any free time is used for sleep and rest.

- Do you dream about airplanes?

Nooo ... I dreamed a lot, but does not work. It seems to me it lacks in life

- You watch a movie-aviakastrofy?

Yes, of course! And why not, if a good movie ?! Even during training we give some examples.

- Water boils on board?

Yes, but up to 80 degrees.

- Your Shape: that does not like you to change?

I like everything! We have a very stylish and beautiful shape. Of course, sometimes it happens that in hot countries it becomes a little warmer. But we all understand that the form is not created to be worn on the beach under the hot sun, and for work on board, where the temperature is different.

Communication can be continued for a long time, but time is running out ... Anastasia also told a lot of interesting nuances of the work on the 747, I will write about it in a separate reporting.

Thank press service of the airline "Transaero" and personally Sergey Moryakov for the opportunity to make this report!

And a note for fans of "conspiracy theory": this report has not been paid by the airline.

___
All

Source: http: //

Tags

See also

New and interesting