I do not understand modern art

I took a stone and went to the exhibition of contemporary art. Walking through the exhibition, I left the stone in the center of the room, after 2 minutes around the stone stood 8 people.

You know what? I'm tired of pretending. I went to art school and wrote a dissertation on the art, once a month for 5 years attended all the new exhibitions and even buy something there. But now I'm finally ready to admit: I do not drive in contemporary art.

Call me hick, but I do not understand why contemporary art has to be a strange and at the same time to cause confusion, anger, epilepsy and loss of appetite. And if me monochromatic squares and diamonds, I have no desire to discuss their conceptual component, the author's intention and other dregs. Let's look at an exhibition of works by Tracey Emin in the gallery "Hayward" in London.

source

Within three minutes, these guys are looking at the photo sitting on a chair unknown woman. Imagine how quickly they have it throughs to see holiday photos among mothers! You know what I mean?

This video is a full minute, and it takes only what you see in the picture: Tracy riding a horse. At this time, the room sits a lot of people who are serious faces looking at the screen, one hand on the chin. One girl even notebook records! That would have me learn to focus on indefinitely and absolutely useless things.

I do not understand the film really so exciting that you can watch it with tenacity on the tiny screen while sitting in a chair that is about to collapse under you?

Are you kidding me? Tracy or somebody else, it does not matter, rubbing her vagina money. To see this, people have to pay. And surely someone will want to buy! And who gave her lessons crop?

"Those who do not understand how deeply the meaning of the shelves cluttered with useless junk, so rude and uncouth." Imagine that you are trying to explain what this exhibition, an alien or a person came to us out of the Middle Ages. I bet it will not turn?

As the guide to the exhibition, it is one of those items, "which is easy to overlook and pass - but you have to understand it and to give it time." Personally to me to understand, you need a lot of time.

Not taking into account the well-known work of Kazimir Malevich, I do not understand people who buy it. By the way, these things black space in the box will cost 20 000 pounds. It is clear that many things in our lives greatly overvalued. But let's be honest, this nonsense is not worth the money.

How do artists decide to engage in this sort of thing? It seems that the commercial success of fellow craft is critical: "Comrade rowing money with similar pictures, but what have I done?»

In this installation, a woman in a dark room on the floor to the sound is not very pleasant to the ear melodies, while the explanatory text tells us that because the author wanted to express their vision of how the Internet captures our soul into the literal and figurative senses. Baby, if not for the Internet, at least you do not have these things created "something».

MacBook topped with a plastic child's head with underwear and a cigarette in his mouth. There is a social commentary, but some - is anyone's guess. It is anyone's guess - the authors want us to spend an hour in search of meaning, because it is a priori in the present. Not read? You're retarded hillbilly life.

Sculpture by Manuel Palou "$ 5 million in 1 terabayte." Artwork includes an external drive for 1 terabyte, which collected illegally downloaded files to five million dollars. Conceptually? Maybe. Art? No.

This "brilliant" work of Damien Hirst, one of the most successful contemporary artists, in late 2003, was sent to Mars in the British spacecraft. In general, Hirst has more than fifteen years of experimenting with spots and not only. Interestingly, the essence of the experiments? If only to aliens is not a shame.

Another work of Damien Hirst's "Let's eat outside» (Let's Eat Outdoors Today). As you can see - it is a sealed, transparent box in which there is a table with food and chairs, and which scored living flies.

These are just some examples of how artists under the auspices of modern art to create something that the art and is not, and judges of questionable creativity are ready to search for meaning in a crumpled beer bottle, accidentally set the table while eating in their assessments buzzwords "existentialism" "dystopia" and "retro-futurism." Maybe it's time to be honest, and try to answer the question:

As it

It turned into this?

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting