Belarusian served in the Foreign Legion

When we finished the interview with Alexander in the restaurant at the Eiffel Tower, he said: "I want the text left patriotic. To the readers know that I'm not going to stay in France, though I lived here for 12 years, and clearly back to Belarus. " Our hero a good track record and career in a foreign land. Successful immigrant, he took the start in the Foreign Legion, and now runs the security firm in Paris. Expensive cars, a house in a prestigious area, a lot of business ideas and incessant phone - it would seem, why go back to where it all have to start again?

- I have the feeling that I am the last patriot of Belarus, - says Alexander. - Friends twist a finger at his temple, they say, you're a good, come on leave with money, nothing to think, relax and back to a warm place. That tarry a year, feel what it's like.

21 photo and the text under the cut

Alexander believes that money can earn anywhere. His entourage at home - successful people with their businesses and high income. Not interested small earnings and our interlocutor: no salary for the average French employee subsidiarity 1,200 euros, or the notorious "500" in Belarus.

However, the young businessman is not going away, waiting for "the stars will come together." In Paris, he and a companion security company, which he created after the service in the Legion. Things are going well: the Côte d'Azur guys guarded luxury villas and accompany moneybags to travel around the resort in the capital carry out other orders. The day after our conversation firm Alexander protected the turn of the new iPhone.

Twenty kid he went to serve in the Foreign Legion. Like many in those years, exclusively for big money: pay first good 1500 euros per month plus bonuses. Combat missions are on the double tariff - those of four Belarusian happened five years of service. Hot spots: Côte d'Ivoire, Gabon, Djibouti. French republic continues to guard the peace of mind of their former colonies and protectorates. Over time, wages rose, albeit slightly: in 2002, fifteen hundred inspired respect and were huge denzhischami, the thousand seven hundred and five years later - no longer exists.

- Of course, the Legion are, for various reasons - continues Alexander. - Ukrainians and Moldovans - of money and a French passport, the Europeans - "feel life", to "become a man." However, since the army is manipulating citizenship: theoretically, after three years of service, you have the right to issue a residence permit, in practice, it all depends on the authorities. In my case, I tried to make him sign a contract for two more years beyond the five-year life instead of sending the file for review. Fortunately, everything worked out - I designed the "ten-year" (residence permit), after which no problem getting a full passport no.

However, many such acts uncomplicated manipulation. Largely due to the isolation of life in the Legion: the internet is not, do not go to the city because of the regular (twice a day) checks, telephone - only with the permission of his superiors.

- Soldiers lost: what to become after the service? Waiting for anyone in the civilian? I do not become homeless? So many papers signed and remain in the army. It is a self-sustaining system - the commanders themselves former soldiers who sincerely believe in the absence of any kind of life outside the fence was part and mold exactly the same consciousness subordinates. In the army tupeesh closes, and the hand she reaches for the pen to sign the contract.

Alexander and his brother dreamed of the Legion. Time was this: read books about martial arts, a lot of sports, aware of the "soldiers of fortune" - the choice of what to do in the next few years of his life, it seemed obvious. Parents, too, did not stop the brothers from childhood were independent, and the father of the military and did "all understood».

- The Legion can get anyone up to 40 years - continues our source. - Looking for health, good results of psychological testing and the ability to run fast. At my age it was necessary to make a certain distance in 12 minutes, the exam is now for rent on the shuttle run. Medical examination is not different from our voenkomatskogo and fitness all gaining just 3-4 months SCHOOL.

Alexander says that serve was morally difficult, but interesting. The absence of women (instead chiefs who constantly yell, push-ups, and forced to clean the barracks), endless training and night climbs, little time for sleep. However, the legionnaires put 9 weeks of vacation every year: during the service 12 times, Alexander went on leave Minsk.

- French Legion taught, but the system is very interesting. All the soldiers are divided into groups of 2-3 people, at least one of whom speak the language. It is tasked to train subordinates. Language "grabs" himself, in practical classes: the officer's runs and shouts "Run!", "Crawl", "Dig the trench!". Your "teacher" signs, and how you want, explain to you what the target is set, you have you set a word in my head.

From the Legion can leave at any moment. Many kept only six months a year and then leave part of all - soldiers and forcing one to look back will not. Theoretically, it is likely to give, and to travel to hot spots, but in practice such cases, Alexander did not remember.

- Soldiers need medals, double the salary, romance, adventure, Africa and the heat - says the source. - No one in the head does not come to abandon this adventure for the sake of status barracks rat. People who come to the recruiting station Airborne Regiment, are about what they want from life and what she can throw them. Yes, initially you can select engineering troops - to obtain the right to work as a tractor driver and make runways; or to become a miner - Service easier, but salaries are lower.

The fact that the Legion were often criminals - "reset life" - the truth. But the truth is that after joining the Legion in the regular French army regulations tightened. Previously, there were waiting for anyone, even the murderers ("You are a murderer? Well, you kill!"), People with fictitious names ... But for some time the French authorities it is more convenient not to deal with issues such elements that they bring with them, and take the people with pure biography.

- Can not you take, for example, a boxer. Often athletes individual species high self-esteem and good preparation. What if it is suitable to the commander and say, "You, Mr. ... but go Take away the toilet!" - And the response begins to beat him? In war quoted team sports, because the war - a team. In general, volleyball will take more likely than a wrestler or kickboxer.

Alexander's death was not afraid. But the fear of jumping so not completely overcome:

- The military task is to as quickly as possible to throw the soldiers on the spot. Leap from three hundred meters at a military parachute drop is equivalent to the speed jump from the second floor, with bad weather ends smashed heads and broken bones. Pain bosses are not interested: you are a soldier, a robot, your task is to fight.

Our interlocutor says that the service in the Legion demonstrates what the human body is ready. Sleep a half hours? Come on, there's still time to explore the corn on your feet!

Feet after an eight-day forced march

Money soldiers piling up, but not all. At Alexander turned round to collect the amount, and to return to Minsk to buy an apartment. Then, in the wake of high demand for real estate, it is advantageous to sell it, to borrow a few tens of thousands and buy a cottage. True, life is part was quite different: having stayed in Belarus, less than a year, he returned to France and tried to do business.

- Now our security firm employs about a hundred people - continues Alexander. - Mostly Russian, Ukrainians, Chechens have Belarusians. Many former legionnaires like me. Legion in this case acts as a large family with strong links that are established outside the part. Many people, closing a contract with the Army, appeal to me: to become a security guard - a quick way of socialization and find themselves in civilian life.

Finally we come to the most difficult question - drawn to return to Belarus. Alexander has a lot of human emotion associated with the homeland: friends, parents, familiar lives in Minsk, - but there is a logical proof of the need to tie with France.

- France I basically satisfied, people are not evil, many are drawn to art, a climate of tolerance, food quality, smooth roads, it is possible to make - says the source. - But I'm going to create a family in Belarus, with Belarusian. French sophisticated enough for our mentality, very independent, while the native girls are more open and beautiful.

In Minsk, adjusted and business: Alexander opens the clothing industry, has other ideas. After three or four years, according to his plan he intends to finally say goodbye to Paris and move to their own home here in Belarus. On the continuation of military career does not think, it argues with mathematical precision:

- A man lives an independent life from 15 to 65 years, either before or after being impossible to complete. For five years I gave the army is 10% - not so little, and I've had enough. Sooner or later, I'm head of the family. What is a family? Family - children - he says. - Now imagine they were born and raised here. There are pros: two languages ​​from an early age, dual citizenship, good education. But the main disadvantage that crosses all - they can not be fully adapted to the way of life that is important to me. So, parents are Belarusians, and their children - in fact foreigners, because they communicate with their peers, teachers, even getting them in Russian hard to talk with his father and mother. And our values? "Hey, son, let's go fish fish!" - And he replied: "Dad, let's better to catch frogs ..." I'm talking figuratively, but you have to understand my point. I am such a situation never satisfied.

source

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting