Polish skier on Russia and the Olympic Games

Polish skier Justyna Kowalczyk wrote in her blog about the Olympics in Sochi. I do not think her words someone may leave indifferent. Just read.

Text:
Anyone who frequently travels outside his country, knows what a miss. Mentality, language and people. In life there that are. He knows what it's like - look for all sorts of news from their native places, read, listen and reflect. This is normal. With me is just ... Yesterday I turned on the sports news. And to think that now fall. Or that I had a hallucination. I was just a shame, that's all.

It was, of course, of Russia. Games approaching, all and sundry are experts. Human rights, the environment, sports, finance, infrastructure. Visa is easy to do. You can fly cheaply. You can also - without any problems, as well as anywhere in the world - to find unhappy dissatisfied people who are willing to tell you how bad they live. And ready sensational material. Here is the thing ...

Continued under the cut

If the Russians are going to do anything to start up high-speed train Sochi - Krasnaya Polyana, then they destroy the environment. Between Krakow and Zakopane, the same was supposed to appear, but "luckily", all formed the rubble. But miraculously the house was built almost on the bridge at the White Dunajec. And sometimes on the road so you will get what you stand for three hours a traffic jam.

Our neighbors are doing everything to complete the construction of hotels and the Olympic Village. It's not easy. Labor day and night ... Everything - from workers to the organizers. Itself, being there last winter, could not get over his surprise, when I saw and heard this work, even at three o'clock. No, I did not come back to the party, but just could not sleep. And it is obvious that this work, according to news reports, is the exploitation of man. In support, I heard a question to the worker, whether he is well paid. I replied true affirmative "yes, yes." But perhaps because he was intimidated. That was a comment.

For me, this story has been one-sided manipulation. Nothing but another portion of hatred is generating. I realize that not everything is so colorful. Not only the construction in Sochi, but also in Beijing, London or even Warsaw. What's with the Olympic ideals turns out the least important. That someone is not fully honest to earn five wheels of fortune. What is the percentage of people who will suffer, and not the nature of luck. Just because there are games. That's probably all we want. And if not - then subject the boycott. And if we want, we must build. In addition, in a politically very hot place. Someone has to do it, to guarantee security and transport.

In addition, I want to tell you one more thing. Russian is very similar to us. Maybe a little more nostalgic, decidedly less sensible. But humans. Decent, nice, sympathetic, hospitable, hardworking. I know many. Let's get in the end, with this propaganda, the army stereotypes instead of arguments. Games from the very beginning of its history been a temporary truce. It is worth to remember, that's enough of this bile.

Original in Polish

Translation

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting