Kusturica spoke ...

Director Emir Kusturica spoke (small quote):

& quot; ... I do not know whether President Yanukovych so decided, or he is trying something to bargain with Europe. But the fact is that from Europe, they will not receive the money, because Europe is nothing they can not give.
- She has no money.
- Exactly, and here the question arises: who has the money? Everyone knows that money is from Russia, because it has a wealth of Siberia, where others do not. Napoleon tried to seize them, Hitler tried, and even Madeleine Albright said that it is unfair that so few people live on such a vast territory. She thought it was unfair not to share with them their gas, oil, mineral resources, and all that you have there is a & quot;
source

I lay completely still)))

Director Emir Kusturica told RT spoke about the possible consequences of Ukraine's accession to the European Union, and also commented on the political situation in Serbia.

- Ceychas big news - it is Ukraine, everyone is talking about it, and you said that the Ukrainians threatens Yugoslav scenario. Which parallels can you draw between Ukraine and Yugoslavia? Do you think that there is the possibility of civil war?
- I do not think there will be civil war, because the situation with Ukraine, the question is, "who gives more." I think that those who came out of Europe is much more willing to accept a good offer. The First World War was the term "Drang nach Osten", and it is now obvious that the EU and NATO - is not formally the same, but in fact they are very closely related.

Why am I saying this? For example, Bulgaria and Romania are strategic considerations have become a part of Europe, even before Serbia and Croatia. That for me Europe? It is an old system that gave us the Renaissance and the major achievements of the Judeo-Christian civilization, which I fully support. But somewhere once in a hundred years it is a crisis and there is an official excuse to go after those benefits, which are at the other. I just do not quite understand, definitively whether the president and his administration decided, they said, to abandon Europe. I do not know whether President Yanukovych so decided, or he is trying something to bargain with Europe. But the fact is that from Europe, they will not receive the money, because Europe is nothing they can not give.

- She has no money.
- Exactly, and here the question arises: who has the money? Everyone knows that money is from Russia, because it has a wealth of Siberia, where others do not. Napoleon tried to seize them, Hitler tried, and even Madeleine Albright said that it is unfair that so few people live on such a vast territory. She thought it was unfair not to share with them their gas, oil, mineral resources, and all that you have there.

- What do you think about the people, the protesters on Independence?

- I think they are very cold, they are similar to others.

- But do you believe that they genuinely want to become part of Europe?

- Some of them, of course, wants. I saw a Nazi, Pankiewicz, marks the anniversary of the death of another Nazi. They met very different people. There are those who really believe that they will become Europe, each will receive 1,000 euros per month, and there are those who use, - specially trained people. Take, for example, Syria. It is obvious that there is not in itself a rebellion. I was in Syria - it lovely, sensitive people, there is an incredibly clean. I have never seen anywhere else in the Arab and Persian world. What happened there, no doubt, had been planned. Who organized it?

Look, I suffered from fundamentalists in Bosnia - Sarajevo, I, like 150-200 thousand Serbs fell victim to ethnic cleansing. I know what it is. This war has always attracted people who do not want to fight. And here we are talking about fundamentalism.
- You speak of Sarajevo all the time, this theme sounds in your movie, you're on it, you might even say that it is your dream. And you never returned. What would happen if you went back to Sarajevo?

- The fact that I had an emotional block: the majority of the people I loved had died in the war. Sarajevo - a city, the ethnic cleansing of the past, 95% of its residents - Muslims. It lived at least 150-200 thousands of Serbs who were squeezed out. The paradox, because the town was surrounded by the mountains of Serbian forces, but most civilians, Europeans, and I also consider myself a European, just kicked out.

Once I dreamed that I was hiding in the car. All of this because I grew up there, made two films. There began my life. I mean, that's where the beginning of spiritual and other processes. Some will say: "Why, why did not he want to come back?" I'm afraid that would be a disappointment, which will grow into some existential story of Jean-Paul Sartre: Behold I come to Sarajevo for a walk, and if no one plumb me pink, leave all without any emotion. City - those who live in it. When you walk at night in Moscow, then you go to where you can find people, the crowd does not attract interest. A crowd has changed in the social, religious and intellectual terms. Over the past 20 years, the city has formed a completely different system of values, which I do not fit.
- Joining the EU can do for Serbia is too expensive. And is there any other way to Serbia? Do you think that the country can survive on its own?

- Why not? You can always survive. Once the Castro survived close by America, and they are doing is still going well. They're still alive. Why not? Another question: does the EU membership accession to NATO? They do not talk about it. I think one implies the other. And this is a big problem. I would have took a neutral stance, I am for a country that is militarily and economically have combined the two worlds. Take a look at Hungary, the Czech Republic - aside from all of these old houses, I think, people's life has not changed much. Is that now they can travel and work in other countries and so on. But it is clear that Europe is now in a crisis. How do you know what will happen to Europe in 20 years?

- No one can predict what will happen in 20 years, but if you look at the situation that is emerging now, it is clear that Europe has a big problem, the big EU countries dictate a little as they do. But, nevertheless, there is diversity in the EU.

- In Serbia, there is a big problem - they will not be able to sell brandy. I think that if the Serbs would have to choose between Europe and brandy, they would no doubt have decided to continue to produce brandy and abandon Europe.

- So it turns out that Serbia can not join the EU?

- I do not know, I do not know.
- Today's Europe has the unity and diversity, qualities that are valued in the former Yugoslavia? Is not it?

- No need of idealism. Europe - this is Germany. All power, all the productive power and the supreme political power - from Germany. It would like to say Germany. Not Romania or Hungary. We're talking about the whole region, which is experiencing a serious crisis.

- And why Germany Ukraine, if it already has Greece, Spain, Italy and many other countries?

- She needed every scrap of land where it can expand its activities Siemens, its banks, where it is possible to extend its influence. If it is a country with a population of a million people - it is the market.

- You're doing a new project, which is associated with Dostoevsky, and many times said that Putin - this is what Russia needs. Do you support it, is considered an excellent leader for Russia. Why conservatism and anti-Western stance - it's good for Russia?

- I think, in every country of the world, including in England, which in this sample plan should be conservative. What the experimenters offer appears too fast, and management of the state - it is multi-layered and paired with unexpected difficulties. And I need someone who will manage a very strong hand; and Putin - is not the strength of which he is portrayed. In one direction or in the opposite direction from Putin will either anarchy or Stalinism. And Putin, I think, has a very good, average position, from which Russia at least continue to receive benefits. I hope that he will pay more attention to the social side of life in Russia - improving the lives of teachers and the middle class. The difficulty for him is that because of the crisis throughout the world, even in America, the middle class is now living not at a level to which accustomed. The whole world is immersed in the days of Pharaoh, where 3% are billionaires and others - somehow poor. Such situations need to beware. And the fact that I supported Putin, was, in my opinion, very fair.

When the elections were, I was asked: "Who would you vote for if you had the right to vote?" I replied that if I were an Englishman would be against it, because I understand that England need from Russia. The last 200 years, the British do anything to stop Russia on the road to Europe. If I were American - and you know what the Americans are doing around the world, everyone knows. Someone says loudly, and someone will have the courage to say no. NATO, the military alliance of Western countries - what is it for? For the fight against terrorism? Not very convincing. Therefore, the man who came after Yeltsin, then the president of dancing, in which the doors of the presidential administration were open to any agency. Came a man, ready to stand up for the national dignity, to give you a choice of which way to go. And I said that I would vote for Putin.

- In all what you do, you use the complete inner freedom, right? In his films, his music, his dealings with people. But you can not afford to talk about things that are not participating in this process. A policy can be free?

- I have his freedom and that has never been in politics. Whenever I go into politics - and my world will collapse. It is necessary to observe some discipline to follow someone else's words. You know, I could say what I feel; and I confess to you, all my life I'm doing what I wanted. And so his life can be called a successful and happy.

- I know that, having received worldwide fame, you lectured at Columbia University, filmed in Hollywood with the best actors. Why were not you there?

- I would die.

- Why?

- Because there is no freedom. Hollywood, with its grandeur is impressive, for me it was a source of knowledge: the films of the fifties and seventies, from Lubitsch to Capra, the best directors in the world. Then Hollywood has turned into what is today. This factory; what they call "the film industry." And discussing issues among themselves, they talk about the industry. I must admit, I fashioned a man for whom the movie - a great adventure; and whenever I start a film, I do not know what could come at the end. This sitting down to play Tchaikovsky, and eventually move on to Vivaldi. I am 100% immersed in the process of shooting. And there is not allowed. There is a rigid system for the production of films, and I create my paintings.

But now I'm busy with another. Complete build a second city - the river Drina, in the peninsula. It is on the border between Serbia and Bosnia, Republika Srpska. I build the farm on which you plan to take care of cows and sheep. And the movie ends. I hope that my life will be so intense and varied that, when the time comes to die, I did not feel.

the same source))

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting