Unusual Business: Coffee for export

The story of how the employee Yandex, engaged in Internet advertising, has created a chain of coffee houses. His business does not have a website and social networking accounts, he did not advertise, while they themselves are located in places, it would seem, the most unfortunate places. And ... I succeeded!

Today our guest - Anton Cho. Yes, he had a rare two-letter surname. As a business, unique, when he started in Russia has ever had. After the 28th Chekina the coffee shop «Buy the way», I decided to invite himself to the meeting.

"Pun was born simply:" way "- the way," buy "- buy. There is a steady expression "By the way" - means "the way" or something. Accordingly, if we translate literally, the "buy on the way" is obtained. It is this sense and lays »
25 photo source

I do from another sphere - worked in Yandex. Sell ​​ads in major online retailers, has collaborated with people who are placed in the Yandex-Direct. Moreover, I was the youngest team leader in the history of the company. In the 22 years I have "team lead" manage employees older than themselves.

"But I had a problem - when I went to work, I was always the standard way - somewhere for coffee»

It could be either McDonald's or Coffee House close to the center, and, basically around the clock, because I went to the office usually at 7-8 in the morning to avoid traffic jams.
And it turned out that I was called in to buy coffee and cigarettes at some point, the newspaper "Sport-Express." I was all wildly irritated because

"Had a thousand times to look for a parking space, out of the car, all close, things to collect. And the idea was born - to do everything so that you can buy it all without leaving the car in one place »

Similar systems have - MakAvto, for example. In the United States there is exactly the same, they had a little different - Drive In - when there is a building and park, people come, and staff running around the parking lot, take orders. In Moscow, it does not implement. I had to come up with a coffee theme. But as the business a new, unknown, then

"The main problem we had - it is not clear to whom it is necessary to look, what to do, how to plan. In fact, we closed our eyes and stepped »

Thank God for three years, we have learned a lot, grow slowly, draw conclusions. We hope every next point we will get better and better.

Some highlights we had planned before the opening. At the same time, in the course of a lot of new ideas. The standard was, for example, that we are absolutely all asking how much sugar to put. Initially it happened so that McDonald's gave 3 bags of sugar. We started to do the same, that is, without asking bags wrapped in napkins. We visited began to swear, like "I have enough here to store sugar." Then someone asked to put and stir.

"Then we realized that it is much easier to stir the coffee itself, we just need to ask how much sugar put»

The order comes in a coffee shop conditional: "Two cappuccino: 1 - two of sugar, 1 - three sugar, cinnamon first." We accordingly immediately do everything that a person could go and drink your drink. Our problem is that the person has spent a minimum of time with us, and it is a mutual desire. In the morning traffic jams and want to go faster.

We want people coming to us every day received the expected service. Accordingly, the key point - it is coffee. We do not deceive either in terms of coffee or prices. We will be honest and correct and it will remain forever.

"It taught me to Yandex. It is the only company that has really achieved a lot not at the expense of resources »

For visitors, we do not advertise, but is established between: the waiting time - a minute. Although all very vague. One person - a minute. Two people - it's not two minutes and a half. And then it all depends on the complexity of the order.

The longest we drink is 35-37 seconds - a great American. Latte Cappuccino prepared with about 26-27 seconds because of the large amount, but it's fast enough. And then - a trick: to punch the check count change, if you want to mix the sugar, cinnamon syrup ... the usual standards, as in many coffee shops. But we have - a cross between a McDonald's and Starbucks. Because McDonald's to you, no one will stir the sugar, but there, too, all is very strict on the time.

When we think about the opening, we were our visitors such as the conditional average office worker who likes coffee and drink it often, but it is 250 rubles for a glass for its budget a little napryazhno. So we decided to keep the price of coffee on the lowest possible level, despite the fact that he gave us in the purchase does not come cheap. Just for the visitors had the opportunity to call in to us every day. I like to think that we are part of the morning ritual of our visitors.

When we finally opened. I realized that the "audience", our much broader, and the price of coffee causes very different reactions. From "Che a cheap coffee, go and crap any, will not take" to "Are you stunned, devils, 100 rubles for a cappuccino, just gone mad." However, here and there, we offer one - to try the coffee, then doubts will disappear.

"We put a very good coffee machine, rapid and steep, with Windows and Internet. And it is justified »

For example, on the Internet, we can keep track of which machines which do. I'm on my computer, insert certain settings gramovki coffee Penke, settings and so on. Then I connect the laptop to the coffee machine via USB and everything to load. The same thing I'm doing at the box office. I think now everyone is doing the most advanced. For example, McDonald's, because he has a huge amount of points, and it needs all of these things to organize, automate, and optimize.

We try to make sure that the number of coffee shops in the service nothing changed. On the first point cones stuffed, now in her I see certain disadvantages, in the following point, we definitely do differently.

"The first and the second point, we are very hard to open. See what our glasses? Eighteen months ago, we paid half a million rubles, that we did Leybova glasses, but it turned out foolishly, to be honest »

Last year, even in November were all bring. But we still are waiting for them, they get stuck at customs. Ordered in China 210 000 glasses. That is so thoroughly once a long time. But we were not lucky with their detained. For a long time the firm to understand, that our documents are processed. I would have thought that if will return in good company, it can happen.

And it so happened that in the middle of December they had come, but come in early January. And since the new year has changed some system of registration caps or something out there like that. In general, it turned out to need more documents caps. While these documents are gathered, they came running fine for a simple container, such that it was easier to order a new batch. That's all.

For us it is very much affected, because those glasses, that we ordered, are two times cheaper than these. These things happen, there is nothing we can do about it. Drinking from a glass with the logo of a lot nicer than some gray.

"A glass should be dense, thick. Generally speaking, when I buy the glass, there are 3 wall thickness. The thicker the wall, so it is more comfortable, less hot, do not shed, does not occur »

First part, when we opened was 20 thousand glasses, in Kaliningrad in the same price ordered. Every 50 minutes the glass we proceeded. That is, a person begins to drink, and dripping from the bottom.

"We have so much muck cars. I'm terribly ashamed. It's my fault - ordered substandard glasses. And the more I do not want to order substandard. I'd rather order a nice glass, Korean equipment from China. I believe in them 100% with them this will not happen »

With food at us from the beginning everything was fine. Suppliers are brought every day, the good guys, well make their sandwiches - lots of cheese put, chicken. And they are a real discovery for me. Then they had a croissant with ham and cheese and we also began to take them. We still have baguettes and toasts. Suffice it to a wide range of food, just under our theme. But most people still come to us for coffee.

The lens accidentally fell into the famous singer Rodion Gazmanov

Losing the first point was wildly sorry. We worked there for two years. All small commercial pavilions were demolished and nothing we could do. The demolition of all that was for the construction of a new metro station.

"It all happened very quickly. I got a call on Wednesday, said: "Anton, do you work on Friday, the last day." On Monday came the tractor and tore down all the ... »

After we closed down, I was showered with letters - visitors suffered greatly for us. Imagine two years, people come to us every day, and then - bang and everything.

We are only in Foursquare and I follow him. Maybe I'll throw in the extreme, but

"At the moment we are not even advertised in any way. That is, we like Google 90 »

They just evolved in America - they did not have any advertising, and grew only thanks to its classy search service. That is, at the time were already AmericaOnline and someone else, but Google did find enough quality that they did not need advertising to develop.

I have a similar story. I would help the advertisement at the beginning of the New Riga, for example, a large shield. I understand that, probably, this type of advertising would be effective. But, unfortunately, all the other types ... and online advertising, too, by the way. As I worked in Yandex, I understand it - is unlikely to me that very many would bring dividends, not to mention the fact that all sites of stores in Moscow - whether it's Starbucks, Coffee House, Chocolate and caffeine - only branding.

"And to be honest I do not understand how to use the website can attract more visitors here»

"No, I do not sell the business wants. If to me someone would come, I probably look ... So many came, to be honest ... »

-

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting