Hunters Himalayan honey (26 photos)

This is a classic, without which nothing in the Himalayas. Trails meander intersect with each other, gain a few hundred meters, then plummet to the river, dropping typed and even great- est. Getting a winding walk annoying, but if you try and enter into a meditative state and contemplation, soon the world will change around.

final point of our trip - this village. In the photo the main square, which probably 200-250 square meters. Of course the whole village in the square. Evening, weekend, it does not talk. And then there we come!

At night, by candlelight, we prepare dinner. And it was full of romance around :)

In the morning, the whole village is poured into the streets. Start gathering in the mountains.

Are almost all men. Even the military, somehow found themselves in this morning in the village. But the production - it is the prerogative of the elderly. They even joked, saying young plowing is necessary, and the old man, old man, if something happen, then let it be an old man instead of a young and strong man ...

We are advancing with the first group, which carries everything you need for running over rocks, namely braided ropes and cables and carved wood staircase. Before coming all participants, ropes zamochut in water and will turn into stairs.

Honestly, look at it there were a few scary. Nowadays, high-tech, there is different equipment for mountaineering. And everything is handmade. Soaked rope less than an hour.

We also do not waste time in vain. Looked around and began to reason like that where we shoot. We were given a white cap with a grid of bees. We as a sluggish react to this guide but when bitten by a bee on the forehead, we quickly equip. It was found that bees react even on dark, and then I had not sweet - I was wearing a dark jacket. As a result, I got a finger on bees (camera, way too black)

In wet rope Nepalese inserted wooden sticks - the future steps of the stairs. Then they tied tightly. What? Homemade rope which immediately made themselves and from plants.

Production of these most verёvochek.

When the ladder is ready, it is carried to a place hives. There have already begun to kindle fires, the smoke from which drives away the bees.

About 15 minutes after they started smoke, bees flying around in a rage and went to someone. But then they become weak and we can more - less secure work and approach. Nepalese one, two or even more than a bee sting is not terrible, they have apparently developed a immunity, we also bee sting takes a lot of trouble. If you look closely, you can at the top on a white background see a lot of small black spots ... It's not dirt on the sensor :)

Top, above the place where there are hives, tied a rope and throw down. There is tied to her ladder and thus it is stretched in the right place.

Then the bottom is fed via ropes poles through which work two persons. And also on top of the cart down the ropes will

We started working from afar, and who was to bolder, and later came closer. I got my dose of bee venom, was the most careful :)

guys basically worked together. First they tore off already dry cell, and then held one basket, the second there was scraped from the sixth stone cell.

Cell without honey they will not throw and also take away with them.

This is how they collect honey. As far as guys bitten, I can not even imagine. But when I saw them up close, swollen faces were very specific.

And a few cards in the topic.

This virtuoso. When the partner is gone, this Nepalis had to work alone. By the way, they themselves tied with ropes to the stairs. I thought it was just we have not seen this, and for us it is a wonder, but no, it was the gathering place for many local and they are curiously looking at it all.

This basket full of honey production, which disperse in all homes. And by the way, we also perepalo by a few.

boys carrying empty cell. Do not empty. I came to a halt for a closer look and it was full of maggots, and some bees have got out of the cells. I do not know whether they bite once, but I think they have an instinct in this plan works immediately.

Source

Tags

See also

New and interesting