Hunters Himalayan honey.

Traveler Ivan Dementievsky brings from his travels and experiences not only souvenirs but also beautiful photographs. Thanks to him, we will be able to go to Nepal, where every spring the locals extracted honey bees Wild Himalayan.
26 photo + letter
via dementievskiy

In the spring of this year, after a very difficult expedition (Dol Pa) Dol Pa, I rested a week in Kathmandu and then made a short trip with the guys near Annapurna massif. We were able to get into the village and watch how people collect honey in the rock. The topic was so interesting that in January we are going back to Nepal. The expedition will travel to the Terai wetlands where we will "dig" on the topic.
Place in which we go, is in the National Park Annapurna. These places are known to many tourists, trekking around the Annapurna massif is one of the most popular in Nepal. However, now we can say that there is tracking, in the form as it was five - ten years ago, disappearing. Everywhere hastily erected road communication is carried out. I believe that soon, the entire route around the array is expensive (well, except perhaps the most difficult areas, and he's one - Torung La Pass 5430). The same road ever will reach up to the Mustang (Lo Mantang) and to the places where we're going. But it will still not so soon.
Mai, this is the end of the season, but the main trail still meet tourists. A few hours later, we turn in the gorge, and the picture changes immediately.
Paths have become deserted and if somewhere found a village, then it is not visible guesthouses. But the road was built here, part of the way to the village we passed through it, and then worked Excavator and team builders, among the rocks again reached the usual snake narrow path and everything fell into place
In the evening we reached the village, where tourists and if you are, it is very rare. We first tried to arrange in tents, but it turned out that I was with a colleague in a tent just do not fit, a bit short kolchuzhku appeared, and the whole crowd, we lived in an unfinished house. Disinfect the organ-grinder himself (who knows - will understand what I mean), went to sleep.
Ahead it had two days to film. I, at least, had planned two days, a longer familiarization, the second is the work taking into account the nuances and specifics. Alas, the second day did not happen. On the calendar were the first days of May, and in Nepal, a general strike was brewing. That would not get stuck in the region, we had to cancel the second shooting day and night to travel to the mountains (we are still committed to Punhil race). Yet bees and honey we looked ...
1. This is a classic, without which nothing in the Himalayas. Trails meander intersect with each other, gain a few hundred meters, then plummet to the river, throwing a typed the great- est. On top is a winding walk annoying, but if you try and enter a meditative state and contemplation, soon the world will change around.

2. The final point of our trip - this village. In the photo the main square, which probably 200-250 square meters. Of course the whole village in the area. Evenings, weekends, they do not talk. And here we come yet!

3. At night, by candlelight, we cook dinner. And it was full of romance around

4. And in the morning the whole village out into the street. Start gathering in the mountains.

5. are almost all men. Even the military, somehow caught in this morning in the village. But the production - it is the prerogative of the elderly. They even joked, saying it is necessary to plow the young and the old man, old man, if something happens, then let it be an old man instead of a young and strong man ...

6. We are advancing with the first group, which carries everything you need for running over rocks, namely braided cords and ropes, and carved wood staircase. Before coming all participants, ropes zamochut in water and will be turned into a ladder.

7. To be honest, it was to look at a few scary. Nowadays, high technology, have different equipment for climbing. And everything is handmade. Soaked rope not more than an hour.

8. We also do not waste time in vain. We looked around and began to reason like that where we shoot. We were given white caps with the mesh of the bees. We, as a sluggish feel about but when the guide was bitten by a bee on the forehead, we quickly equip. It was found that bees react more on the dark, and then I had not sweet - I was wearing a dark jacket. As a result, I got a finger on the bee (the camera, by the way also black)

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting