Eric Musambani

The slowest swimmer in the 100m entirely in the history of the Olympic Games. Its result - 1.52.72

And that made him one of the heroes of the Olympic Games in Sydney, all just shook his incredible arrogance, bordering on insanity - during the race to save it breaks several times. At home, in Equatorial Guinea, he worked several times in the swimming pool of the hotel under the direction of one of the foreign guests. During these few lessons he learned to swim and decided to speak at the Olympic Games. Most interestingly, he won his heat, as two other participants were disqualified for a false start.

In 2001, Eric decided to take up again the conquest of blue tracks and took part in the World Championships in Fukuoka, he swam 50 meters Sun 31, 88, it slowly floated Glyn Tong from Antigua (37, 75 seconds - absolutely the worst time), with Carlos Notaryanni Marshall Islands and Samoan Joshua Robert Marflit. However, after the finish Musambani looked upset: "I wanted to swim out of 30 seconds. Training in Barcelona, ​​I overcame this distance in 29 seconds, and today showed only 32. I slightly changed his style of swimming with the assistance of my coach Carlos Santos. Now I imitate Alexander Popov ».

His plan was a performance at the 2004 Olympics in Athens, but due to visa problems, he could not take part in them. In nastoschy time he improved his result by 100 to 57 m entirely with that in general is not bad for an amateur swimmer.

Video - Eric Musambani (3 photos)

See more videos! | Codes to insert the video | Download video on mobile

Tags

See also

New and interesting