The first night the ram (7 photos)

Air ram as a fighting technique was first invented and used Russian. September 8 (August 26, old style) in 1914 near the town of Zhovkva our famous pilot Pyotr Nesterov made the world's first air ram, rammed the Austrian "Albatross". The world's first night ram was carried out as a pilot Russian Yevgeny Stepanov, who 28 October 1937 in Spain in the sky over Barcelona on the plane I-15 brought down with the help of the Italian bomber ramming "Savoia-Marchetti» SM81.

Four years later, during World War II in the Battle of Moscow Stepanova he repeated the feat of Lieutenant Victor Talalikhin.

Night August 7, 1941 shooting all their ammunition, wounded in the arm, a fighter pilot rammed a German bomber. Victor was lucky: his-16 (about it - here), bran screw empennage Not-111, began to fall, but the pilot was able to jump out of the plane of the incident and landed by parachute. Talalikhina picked up the locals, was given first aid and helped to reach his side.

About the exploits of aviator became known literally on the same day on 7 August and the next day, Victor was awarded the title Hero of the Soviet Union.

"On the night of August 7 when Nazi bombers were trying to break through to Moscow, I was on the orders of the command took off on his fighter. Having come from the moon, I began to seek out enemy aircraft and at an altitude of 4800 meters saw "heykel-111." He flew over me and headed for Moscow. I went to him in the tail and attacked. I was able to knock out the right engine bomber. The enemy turned abruptly changed course and flew back with a decrease ...

Together with the enemy, I went down to a height of about 2500 meters. And then I ran out of ammunition ... There was only one - ram. "If I die, so one - I thought - and the Nazis in bomber, four."
Deciding to cut the enemy's tail rotor, I became close to him chosen. Here we share what some nine or ten meters. I see the belly armored enemy aircraft ... »

The lieutenant was an experienced pilot. But suppress the arrow at the tail "Heinkel" failed. In the heat of battle lieutenant remembered that the important thing is not any cost to bring down a bomber, not to give him to do the job and come back alive, keeping his car.

But he was fearless and determined to win, "At this time, the enemy has started all of the heavy machine gun. Burned his right hand. Once I opened the throttle and do not screw, and immediately the whole of his car rammed the enemy. There was a terrible crash. My "hawk" turned upside down. We had to quickly ejected with a parachute. "
Talalikhina lucky - night jumps are dangerous. He landed straight into the river Severka. People saw a parachutist flying and arrived to help him, not letting get lost in the rafters and utotnut ...

Talalikhin morning with his friends visited the site of the crash of the bomber. Among the wreckage found the bodies of Lieutenant Colonel awarded the Iron Cross and three crew members.

Victor Talalikhina was 22 years old. '23 He was on September 18 and on October 27 he was killed - during the battle bullet hit him in the head. At Victor Talalikhina was a short but brilliant life.

October 27th, 1941 Talalikhin flew at the head of six fighters to cover the ground troops near the town of Podolsk, Moscow region. Near the village of Kamenka, Viktor led a group to attack enemy positions. At this time, because of the clouds on our planes struck six enemy fighters Me-109. Dogfight ensued. He talalikhin first attacked and shot down one "Messerschmitt", but then he was attacked by three enemy fighters. Waging an unequal fight, he knocked out another enemy, but this time near an enemy shell exploded. Talalikhina plane shuddered and went down the corkscrew.

For a long time it was thought that it was the first night the ram in the sky of Moscow, but it is not so - More July 29 the pilot of the 27th Regiment PV Eremeev on the MiG-3 ram blow knocked Ju-88 bombers. This was the first night the ram in the Moscow sky. Presidential Decree of 21 September 1995 PV Eremeev posthumously awarded the title Hero of Russia

Tags

See also

New and interesting