Sochi shadenfreude

If you know the phrase "Brother, Mitya, dying, asks soup ..." translate into English and then back to the Russian, it turns out: "My dying brother Dmitri wants some fish soup ...»
No English word "ear", is not in him, and many other good words, such as "open" or "jacket." I once wondering how to translate a string of songs, "took off his jacket thrown over decisively." It turns out some sort of unthinkable nonsense with a jacket.
Or, for example - how to translate the phrase "The lieutenant smiled mischievously." Did not go. Whether in the English character not gloating, or invent a word for it did not bother.
The British had to borrow a term from the German language. Resounding shadenfreude first appeared in writing fraternity, quickly migrated to the environment gloat intellectuals.

Journalists do not use that word, though they often gloat. I would say more. Schadenfreude - one of the most sincere feelings reporter profession.
Show it, of course, should be cautious, even gently, but there are events when you can break up the whole soul.
These events, I would mention the opening of the Olympic Games, especially in large-scale spectacles prepared for their discovery, the unexpected happens often, over what can be reasonably pozuboskalit.

For example, the 1988 Olympics in Seoul. For South Korea, this was an opportunity to present themselves to the world, so the ceremony was prepared lush. For example, released into the sky a flock of white doves, symbols of peace. Pigeons fluttered, flew over the field of stadium and sat down on the most convenient platform for them.

It was a huge Olympic flame, the moment has not yet ignited. Under the solemn sounds of the orchestra four athletes slowly climbed up on special lifts. Reaching the top, they brought the synchronous their torches, invisible operator included gas stream broke a huge flame, which killed pigeons. Death pigeons world watched the whole world.

Wonderful story happened in 1994 at the World Cup in America. On the field, poured hundreds of extras in white, including the gate briskly moved singer Diana Ross in all red. In her hand was a microphone, she sang on the run.

Directing was: Diane puts the ball into the goal and the gates are falling apart half. Here's a blow! - The announcer shouts style of American patriotism.

Everything went according to plan. Diana Ross ran to the ball, 5 meters from the gate swung his right foot and hit what is called "pyrom." The ball went sharply to the left. The goal is shamelessly not hit. Goalkeeper jumped bar divided into two parts, and the gate collapsed, now it is not clear why.

Winter Olympics 2010 in Vancouver, which was conceived from the ground rose four huge pillars, like crystal. Near them were famous athletes with torches in their hands. Three pillars rose fourth stuck. Speed ​​skater Catriona Le May Doan remained confused, not knowing what to do.

Oh, and do not escaped the fate of Sochi sion. His shadenfreude not express just lazy.
(Did not disclose the ring of America. This is just in case)
Source Your text to link ...

Tags

See also

New and interesting