Story about 1000 balls

... A few weeks ago, I make coffee, took a morning paper and sat down to listen to the radio. I turned the knob, until suddenly my attention was not drawn velvet voice of an old man. He said something about "a thousand balls." I'm interested in, did sound louder and leaned back in his chair ...
 - Well, - said the old man, - I bet that you are very busy at work. Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow. And let you get paid a lot. But for the money they buy your life. Think you do not spend that time with their loved ones. You would not believe that you need to work all the time to make ends meet. You work to satisfy your desires. But be aware that it is a vicious circle - the more money, the more you want, and the more you work to achieve even more. Need to know in a moment to ask yourself, "Do I really need another so blouse or a car? And for this you are willing to miss the first dance performance of your daughter or your son's sporting event. Let me tell you something that really helped me to keep and bear in mind that the most important thing in my life ...
And he began to explain his theory of "thousands of balls"
 - Look, one day I sat down and counted. The average person lives 75 years. I know, some live less, others more. But live about 75 years. Now I'm 75 is multiplied by 52 (the number of Sundays in a year) and it turns out 3900 - as Sundays in your life. When I thought about it, I was fifty-five. This meant that I have lived around 2900 Sunday. And I could only 1000. So I went to the toy store and bought a 1000 small plastic balls. I covered them all in one transparent jar. After that, every Sunday I pulled out and threw one ball ...
And I noticed that when I did it and saw that the number of balls is reduced, I began to pay more attention to the true values ​​of life. There is no more powerful tools than watch as reducing the amount released to you days! Now listen to the last point I would like to share with you today, before the hug my beloved wife and go with her to progulku.Etim morning I pulled the last ball of my banks ... So every other day gift for me. I accept it with gratitude and give to friends and loved the warmth and joy. You know, I think that this is the only way to live life. I do not regret anything.

Tags

See also

New and interesting