Diane von Furstenberg and Warhol: a new collection in the aesthetics of pop art

About 40 years ago, Diane von Furstenberg has written his name in the history of fashion, thanks to one dress. Since then dress with the smell has become an integral part of any and all collections produced under the brand name Diane von Furstenberg. Around the same time, in 1974, to be precise, Diana posed for the famous Andy Warhol.

Diana (center) and Andy Warhol (left)

Impressed by the joint creative work, Diana has decided to celebrate the anniversary of a landmark element of all its collections in the spirit of the artist. Together with The Warhol Foundation Diana released a capsule collection of dresses and bags Pop Wrap tribute to the direction in which the artist created the American pop art. Bright product Capsules are decorated in the style typical of prints DVF, however, made in the aesthetics of the iconic works of Andy - famous colorful dollar signs and psychedelic colors.

"My company wraparound dress originally was only a set consisting of a stamp on the smell and skirts. But once I decided that these two items of clothing to be combined. "- Diana told in an interview to the publication.

Paris Hilton in a dress from the new collection.

"I'm glad I got the opportunity to work on a collection that reflects the spirit of the great Warhol, and, in fact, the brand with the DVF The Warhol Foundation». - Diana commented.

Diane von Furstenberg among the works of Warhol.

Tags

See also

New and interesting