Photo Chukotkans

Photographer Sasha Lyahovchenko defied the elements and temperature -45 to visit the place "on the edge of the world" and to take pictures of people that no one has ever photographed before. Lyahovchenko way through blizzards and storms on the Chukchi tundra to see a small nomadic tribe of reindeer herders, divorced from the rest of the world, where life has hardly changed in the last thousand years.

Lyahovchenko pictures of men, women and children, and then, to their great delight, he showed them to get photos printed on a color printer, which he had brought with him.

Photographer twice came to Chukotka, first developed in 2011, and the second - this year. Lyahovchenko not only photographed members of the tribe, but also brought them a "warm clothes, shoes and gifts».

When asked to talk about his amazing journey across the icy country, and about how important photos were for local people Lyahovchenko said that he is confident that this experience had an impact on them, because he himself has changed since its in e.

"If someone had told me one word to describe my journey, I would say" memories "- said Lyahovchenko. "Even more togo good memories. And here's why. Winter is actually lasts 8 months. More than six months people do not see the sun, they are depressed ... And when I photographed them, they smiled and seemed to forget about their troubles and problems, feel happy. I tried to capture the moment in the photo, which I think they will keep for life ».

In fact, for these people living in the wilderness, own photo is something special. Moreover, many of them first saw the guest of the "other world." Lyahovchenko, born in Moldova, who now lives in Montreal, said that his life changed after he visited Chukotka.

Translated specifically for fishki.net

--img20--

Source: www.dailymail.co.uk

Tags

See also

New and interesting