Anadyr - the legacy of Roman Abramovich

Photos and text Enia Kulish

And in Anadyr with whoever you start communicating on whatever topic you did not say one way or another slips into the stories about Abramovich ...

Here the roads are good. Abramovich did it! At home, how bright - it also ...

And indeed, bright houses - this is what immediately attracts attention ... Business Card city and the region!

The usual five-story building of the "Khrushchev," standing on stilts because of permafrost, but painted in different colors with a simple geometric pattern, perhaps more than anything else make the city special and recognizable.

-We Initially laughed when only talking about this subject ... - shares his impressions security chief seaport Vladimir. - Joked supposedly get drunk, it will be easier to crawl home, each in a different color ... But in the end because how well it! City because before that gray was always ... very gray eyes and hooked ... was not for that ... Now how cool!

And, indeed, is only slightly poorer weather, color as if it disappears, leaving only tints and shades of gray ... Everywhere, with the exception of houses ...

Yes there at home ... so, decorations! Hospital refurbished NGV station built, opened a branch of the University ... Stop, garbage cans, pedestrian crossings ... From the edge of the fit only for work in shifts of despair, Chukotka has become a place to live ... and every local is well aware to whom they owe this ...

- But it is not just the same as he was sitting here? Something he's had with this, and probably not enough?

Local offended by such comments.

-And I will tell you this girl ... What it took, I do not know ... I have never seen and will never see! But that's what he did for me personally, did no one, not before and not after !!! Let him steal, yes ... But he shared ... and generously shared! Very generous ... Nobody but him so did not share ... And no one to Chukotka as did many Abramovich, who would not say that ...

Roman Abramovich, of course, a person is ambiguous ... and in our central Russia accepted him treated in the same range ... ambiguous feelings usually ranges from mild skepticism so frank rejection. But there, in Chukotka, literally everyone is ready to defend its foaming at the mouth ... I can not judge and analyze, but one thing is for sure: tens of thousands of people he made happy, even for a short period of time ... And it's worth it!

-A Know how he won the election? - Joked one of ours. - Brought to each family on food containers.

Yes - meet local - and the first time we had eaten in a long time!

Many things from the perceived quite differently ...

-I Was here in Moscow - Vladimir continues to tell - and there hung a banner, saying as living in one country to buy a football club of another country ... does not matter ... And I saw when I was so hurt ... Just to tears! I'm a grown man, I almost cried ... that they would know who did this poster, as we've got everything ... We had before him a fish ate. Under his children first saw the sea! Is not it, and warm, in which you can swim, so colorful T-shirts with short sleeves worn ... And earlier this because nobody knew! So far, out, remember!

And really, he took the children in the camp, the elderly in the sanatorium, patients on treatment of young professionals for internships ... It's much more than would have been enough ...

-And Yet, I remember his yacht to come here ... Most such beautiful! He pioneers from around the region gathered and ride on this boat for Liman ... Dalekoooo left! And there in the bottom of the nose to the glass was so ploschadochka. And so, therefore, they are underwater beauty through it surveyed. I really do not know what we'll see there was something ...

-A Nyneshnyuyuyu government does not like? - I ask ...

Yes what you love them? - Is responsible. - For us they did not do anything! Only wears that after Abramovich left!

And really ... Bright house more and more touches decline. Although this is certainly not the fault of many current power as harsh nature of the region ... no joke in the beginning of July in places even in full snow

-What You our prices? - Is a favorite question of all local. - In the shops that already came? We all visitors first thing in stores prices photographed ... then, perhaps, on the mainland show that they believe ...

Perhaps this is why in most positions in local shops is simply not worth the price tag ... And maybe for some other, more prosaic reason ... prices by about 30% more than in Moscow ...

-This Is because the navigation season already started ... -poyasnyayut. - As soon as the first ship arrived, all at once ... twice the price drop! (Yes, 30% more expensive Moscow prices that "fell twice»)

The sea is important in life in general, and the edge of the city of Anadyr in particular! This is the only way to supply the city with vital supplies ... and it happens, only a short period of the northern summer: approximately from late June to early October. This is called "northern delivery". Further to the estuary gets ice and the only way communication with the mainland becomes aviation, not the cheapest way ... hence the price, and they are not alone ...

-Nigde, Never have I seen such a large number of delay in stores here in the month of May - says Ivan, sailor tug at which I was able to walk on Liman (and this I will still tell). - Well, what options are something ... You can, of course, throw out, and nothing to eat!

A region comes alive in the summer. Many people come here specifically to work during this period, and sailors, and builders and many others ... Anadyr small town and their hands sometimes lacking, especially in seasonal occupations ...

-Ves City can get around three hours, - told us when we were just going to go there. From official sites only the church, but a museum

Unofficial - Tavayvaam area. Taiwan, or China, as they call it local ...

Formally, this national settlement, but in fact, only a detached part of the city ... They live Chukchi.

There also is one of the two city beaches ... But of course, in the traditional sense, it is not a beach at all, and so ... beach strip along the water ... it is a solid line of garages and sheds, which holds the gear and some other necessary things ...

Summer come here with children, dogs and networks (caught mainly on the network), not so much to go fishing, but rather just spend time ...

Another such beach is exactly on the opposite side of the city. To it more difficult to get to, so it just over the desert.

Anadyr and he sometimes seems deserted. Especially in contrast with the Moscow anthill. Chukotka, has the status of a border zone: one on his own can not just pick up and come here ... You either traveling certificate, or an invitation or challenge ... It's not that hard to do, but the flow of illegal immigrants, however, is limited, the city is very calm.

Here, everyone knows everyone else, and if they do not say hello on the street, it is only because he's already seen ... On the first floor windows is rare to find the lattice, and the doors open inwards and have no security locks ... Although according to legend, this is done in order to in the dead of winter and snowstorm, everyone could go to any staircase, warm up, and wait a bad weather ...

Passionate about local and potted plants ... almost all apartments are bound to have flowers, and many windows you can see ... they grow cucumbers in the homes here instead of some geraniums!

And the city scurry free bus where children safely travel unaccompanied ... And it seems that this is also the legacy of Roman Abramovich ...

-And You from Moscow, huh?

Yes.

-You Tell them there is not good ... I'm 60 years old and worked in Chukotka all 10 bonuses!

I will say, of course, if you happen to see, be sure to tell ...

Source: enia.livejournal.com

Tags

See also

New and interesting