How to cook crawfish?

Catch or buy cancers.

Wash under running water.

Recipe brought from the banks of the Volga. So boiled crawfish in Volgograd (note: the author).

What you need:

Live crayfish 3 kg.
Salt to taste.
Bay leaves 4 pcs.
Pepper black pepper 20 pcs.
Lemon 1 pc.
Fennel seeds (you can substitute stems from the beam dill)

Cancers can be any size - small, medium or large. Cancers depends on the size of the time it takes to cook crabs. How to cook crawfish on time?
Small crawfish boil 25 minutes, medium crayfish boil 35 minutes, large crayfish boil 45 minutes. Cancer during this time will nourish the broth and tasty.
It is believed that cancer need to throw into the water turned red - ready. That's not right.

Cancers should only be alive. The dead can not cook crawfish, crayfish very quickly deteriorate in water, after the die. If not sure that the cancer had died a few hours before cooking - ruthlessly throw out the dead crayfish, otherwise spoil the dish. If you know exactly what cancer was alive a few hours ago, then tear off his head, and neck boil. Have cancer in the first place spoils head. Do not store live crawfish in the water, quickly die, store in a cool place for several hours cancers survive.

I had this time small crabs. By its good they are, small crabs are easy to clean up after them does not hurt the sky and language.

Just A Moment.
Before you cook crabs, bad brush them a place where the legs are attached to the body. This operation is carried out under running water. At this point in cancers accumulated silt and dirt when they crawl along the bottom.

Important in this is the right cooking crayfish broth.

From broth determines the final taste of cancers. Take the largest pan. Three kg of crayfish I took a 12 liter pot.

Pour two-thirds water. Throw dill, bay leaf, peppercorns, lemon squeeze.

It is very important for cooking crayfish how much salt we add to the broth. The broth should be cool to the ambassador. I put on two liters of one tablespoon of salt with a large mountain. On a pan I put 5 tablespoons of salt.

Brine for cooking crawfish boil.
Off.
Give it brew for 10-15 minutes.
Again bring to a boil.
Now omit the broth cancers ...

How crayfish boil, reduce fire, cover with a lid and cook on low heat.
Through 25/35/45 minutes gat cancers.

We spread crayfish on a plate.
You can not say that the crayfish - a great snack to beer.
If cancer is not eaten, then put them in the refrigerator for several days they prolezhat.

Bon Appetite!

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting