Favorite Records

Recently I met a remarkable phrase "Good voice, bad manners." It was about Anita O'Day - one of my favorite singers. It made me think about a strange thing. Namely: I love jazz. I love jazz. And blues. And there are some people who are well - my unrelenting love.

Anita O'Day

"Give me a ticket goodbye» ...

Blues singer. Ran away from home when she was 12. Mota of clubs in New York, she sang with the orchestra of Benny Goodwin in the 30's. She has a beautiful voice, a terrible temper and completely indecent behavior. Heroin. In the 60s and 70s she continued to perform. She died in 2006 at age 87. I still lies tape with her voice, but now I listen to it in the mp3. "Give me a ticket goodbye on a train going somewhere ..." and so on.

Charlie Parker

"Swing - it's not the notes, the mood» ...

Nicknamed the Bird :) best saxophonist of all time. He created what is known as "bebop" - the most transparent, crystal, piercing, complex and harmonious jazz style. The legendary musician, a genius and all that. Actually, my passion for jazz started with him - I had the record and on the record of his sax. That I could listen endlessly.

At age 15, he dropped out of school and bought a sax. Wander from club to club, in the 40th year, when he was 20, he was in New York, became a virtuoso improvisation, started drinking and using drugs. Thus on borrowed cheap plastic instruments played what they could not rest on its expensive. So he lived on the road between recordings, concerts, overdose, hospitals and scandals, until he died in 35 heroin. Plate and left a lot of shots ...

Janis Joplin

"If you remember the 60s, then you were not there» ...

Another singer. She sang soul, when he had just started to become rock. Voice-smoky drunken, raucous, but damn. All the romance of the road in one place. Born in Texas before the war. He became famous in the late '60s, again in New York, along with the hippies. She died in 27 overdose.

Coolest her song - "A Piece of My Heart", "I want you to come and take it, you know you have it, take a piece of my heart, if it makes you feel better ..." I tried to sing, but I did not pull ...

Tanita Tikaram

Happy Taxi

Girl, I discovered a few days ago. She had very few photos, but very beautiful and deep voice. Wikipedia says that she sings the folk there, or pop, but something that I have come across - I think it was jazz. Born in the 69th. He lives in Germany.

Tags

See also

New and interesting