SCAD students

SCAD - a College of Arts and Design in the small town of Savannah, George. Over 33 years of operation of its walls came a lot of talented designers - Tom Ford, John Galliano, Vera Wang. But an influx of fresh blood - September 9, students SCADa showed to the world as part of a joint collection of the New York Fashion Week. Among the many contenders ELLE magazine were selected the best, and that the honor of the show.

22 designer showed a completely different fashion - but not necessarily new, intriguing, sweeps away the standards, break stereotypes and proportions. Speaking of proportions - intriguing dresses with huge vyvyazannymi sleeves - designer Mary Patton. Evoke associations whether with Medusa, whether with feminine lady-boss ...

And neo-snowboarder costumes from Merida Miller. Merida, by the way, took the acid colors - lime, fuchsia, scarlet blood.

But the dresses from Chloe Post - according to her, she was inspired by faith in the "new culture" after reading a book about the Mayan prophecies. Chloe handed in his clothes, waiting for a new, better world - a basic black and white, geometric-prophetic Maya scenes.

Lindsay Hopkins, which, incidentally, has received an award from the sponsor of Fashion Week Maybelline New York, presented to the public exotic dress - something out of Egypt, is something of a peacock ...

In general, if we talk about the assessment and collection of award winners, apart from the award of Maybelline prize of $ 25,000 went to the designer Faith Thornburg.

Faith in the center left of the Lindsey Hopkins, right - the editor in chief of ELLE USA Robbie Myers)

Faith won all its magnificent Bride dress-up sex - and took the top prize

A consolation prize of ten thousand dollars went to Josh Lacey. For Josh voted on the US site ELLE highest number of votes. Man finds his idol Marc Jacobs, who is he, by the way, is very similar. As a child, Josh wanted to become a brain surger - a surgeon, and now he is not averse to fly to the moon. According to him, his collection - a "very few colors, all black and white shirt with pockets, buttoned at the throat all the buttons, basic black pants, shoes - conversion or oxfords.

As for me, I vote for Josh, I think his vision is claimed. What is missing is Antarctica and spacecraft.

Tags

See also

New and interesting