Mickey Rourke goes to gay bars

In the middle of next year, will begin shooting a new film in which Mickey play Gareth Thomas, the famous rugby player, who was the first among the popular sports team three years ago, openly declared his homosexual. At the same time the actor has already made friends with the sportsman himself, even temporarily moved to Wales, to help him gain the necessary shape for filming.

But pushups and pull-ups - that's half the battle. Gareth also drove Mickey in one of London's gay clubs. Everything has been planned so that the paparazzi did not have time to make a million pictures, and Mickey calmly got the necessary experience and find out how ordinary people spend their time.

Despite the fact that Rourke is known for his dedication and willingness to go to the many physical tests in order to work, to this casting, many are skeptical, given the fact that an actor on more than 20 years older than his character, and does not go with him any comparison in terms of physique.
At some stage of preparation of the draft full of doubts Rourke has already managed to give up this role, and producers then began to consider the candidacy of Tom Hardy and other well-known actors. But later everything was back to normal.

Gareth himself with both hands in favor of Mickey. Here is what he said in an interview:

In my life I never thought about how I look. I never thought, "Oh, how I do not like the scar on his face." All my battles imprinted on my face. The most important thing when someone is going to play you in the film - is that this person know you inside and out. And Mickey is able to play an emotional role better than anyone I've ever seen. People think that we have to be similar in appearance. But my appearance - it's not me. Inside every man is at the core. Mickey had their own problems and he understands a lot of what we had to go through me. Now he can practically finish my suggestions for me. People do not know much about Mickey, the same thing I can say about me, so he is perfectly suited to this role

Tags

See also

New and interesting