Extinguished asterisk

The extremely talented child, a terrific young actress, an excellent game in the movies and on television. Her acting career could be a long and successful, but fate decreed otherwise. In 1988, Heather passed away - she was only twelve years old.

Heather O'Rourke was born on December 27, 1975, in San Diego, California - in the family of Kathleen O'Rourke. In the family, in addition to Heather, it was still her older sister Tammy, who was born in 1971.

For the first time in the talented little girl drew the attention of director Steven Spielberg when she was just five years old. Spielberg found a five-year girl, when she was expecting her mother in the dining room MGM, which starred in the film "Pennies from Heaven" her older sister Tammy.

As soon as he saw her angelic face, I immediately realized that he had found, at last, Carol Anne Freeling. He approached her and asked to give his name. Girl presented, but stated that he was a stranger, and she can not talk to him. When her mother returned, he introduced himself to her and persuaded the girl to bring to the audition. Later, Spielberg has admitted that his somewhat frightened by the fact that Heather was only five years old at the time, he wanted to take on the role of Carol Anne is not the girl under the age of six. After some reflection, the mother agreed to give my daughter to the movies and after a few years - in 1982, the year - Heather appeared in the horror movie "Poltergeist».

In the trilogy "Poltergeist" O'Rourke played Carol Anne Freeling and so well that at the same time attracted the attention of not only fans of the famous film director, but also criticism, and - media. Bright appearance and obvious ability of the girls were decisive and helped her participate in all three parts of the film.

After working in "Poltergeist" in 1982, Heather O'Rurk played several roles on commercial television and in movies. In April 1983, she starred in a Disney movie «Morey Amsterdam», then appeared in a special issue of TV «Believe You Can ... and You Can!».

She also appeared in the series "California Highway Patrol" (Lindsay), «Webster» (Melanie), «The New Leave It to Beaver», «Our House», then appeared in the TV series "Happy Days" as Heather Pfister. There were still working in television "Massarati and brain" (Henry Sky) and in 1985 in the role of «Surviving» (Sara Brogan). In fact, the young actress was extremely talented and very popular among many fans, as well as - with directors.

Not surprisingly, the sudden death of twelve-year-actress has become a tragedy and shock.

The first signs of the disease in Heather became apparent at the beginning of 1987. The survey in the center of Kaiser Permanente mistakenly identified her presence of Crohn's disease. She was prescribed a drug that supposedly caused the girl's cheeks bulk, which is clearly visible in the third "Poltergeist».

The work on the third part of Heather graduated in July 1987. January 31, 1988 she began vomiting, which she could not suppress. The next morning, February 1 at breakfast her mother Kathleen noticed that the girl looks very bad. Considering the effect of the flu symptoms that Heather suffered over the past weekend, Kathleen tried not to pay attention to it, but she was getting worse. Then her stepfather called an ambulance.

When she arrived, Heather suddenly lost consciousness. After that it airlifted by helicopter to Children's Hospital in San Diego, where she died without regaining consciousness.
Speaking to reporters, the manager Heather David Vardlou originally announced, he believed, if the girl died from the flu. But a spokesman for the hospital Vincent Bond announced that Heather died during the operation, during which tried to eliminate the genesis of congenital bowel obstruction (stenosis of the intestine), complicated by septic shock.

This message was confirmed by the coroner's office of San Diego County on February 3, two days after her death. Later reports have changed the underlying cause of death: heart attack, caused by septic shock due to intestinal stenosis.

February 5 Heather O'Rourke was buried at Westwood Village Memorial Park Cemetery (Westwood Village Memorial Park Cemetery) in Los Angeles. On a nearby churchyard with her buried her on-screen sister of "Poltergeist" Dominique Dunne.

Naturally, no litigation has not been - the parents of actress sued the hospital where the girl died. But in the end nothing concrete has been found. In short, the premature death of Heather was the reason for the lengthy and diverse trials.

But the piece of paper that I found on the internet is something like a test at school.

«Yeah, I'm also going to school, I like a lot, but I do not get out very well in mathematics, it is very difficult, but I have to learn, look atsome of my evidence below.» - Heather O ' Rourke.

Interesting facts about Heather O'Rourke

In the fifth year of study was the class president.

Of all the horrors of the first "Poltergeist" the most terrible scenes for her was the one where Carol Ann sucked into a wall locker.

The last word in her life was, "I love you," she told her mother.

Could an hour to remember 60 pages of the script.

I never refused to issue an autograph.

But her nomination and awards:

Young Artist Award:
1983. Nomination: Best Young Supporting Actress in a Motion Picture, the movie "Poltergeist" - is nominated.
1984. Nomination: Best Young Actress, Guest in a Television Series, film «Webster» - nominated.
1985. Nomination: Best Young Actress - Guest in a Television Series, film «Webster» - a victory.
1986. Nomination: Exceptional Performance by a Young Actress in a Television Special or Mini-Series, the film «Surviving» (1985) (TV) - nominated.
1987. Nomination: Exceptional Performance by a Young Actress Starring in a Feature Film - Comedy or Drama, the film «Poltergeist II: The Other Side» / «Poltergeist 2" (1986) - nominated.

And here's a picture with her autograph.

"I nehochu become adult. They have a boring life. "- Heather O'Rourke, Poltergeist - 2.

Tags

See also

New and interesting