Rarely meet a man on earth who does not know anything about England. Every self-respecting tourist should visit this country, to love him and feel the rich history of its traditions. Today you get the chance to learn about the facts of rare in England.
1. In Britain, pigs are not castrated, so it's best not to buy pork and order it in restaurants, but if you smell and taste of urine boar meat is normal, it is possible. The British are very fond of bacon for breakfast and the morning of the Pedal spreads specific stink. I just tried to talk to the managers of supermarkets, thought maybe some kind of authentication system on the packages, but they do not even understand what I mean and why castrate pigs. But a lot of halal meat, I am surprised that none of the green and other eco animal lovers almost no protests against, because the slaughter of animals according to Muslim tradition is very cruel.
2. In England, there is little of their national cuisine, or rather it seems to be there, but it is quite primitive and frankly tasteless. Probably the worst in Europe. About English food I will write
3. In England, the highest rate of obesity in Europe
4. The British really drink a lot of tea, a cup of tea is a ritual in the culture of communication, and the panacea for all ills. The paradox, but a good loose tea in large supermarkets rarity, to be ordered in special shops. All packaged drink.
5. School uniform is compulsory for all students. Most state schools it is the same, but private schools have different
6. Public school is actually a private school, and it's free state school. Students called for all students, as students and university students. Pupil within the meaning of the word "student" is almost never used. The word can mean school and high school, such as law school or medical school
7. For absences of pupils by their parents may be subject to criminal liability
8. Children go to school to five years and compulsory education lasts until 16. For admission to the university must also learn additional year or two
9. Corporal punishment in state schools was abolished only in 1987. In private schools - in 1999. In Scotland and Ireland, and that later.
10. Private elite school is actually a sac-boarding. Very rigid institution.
11. In London, no more rain than in Moscow, and sometimes less. And fog here are rare. However, rain may go suddenly, but usually lasts not long. Rain for the whole day - sufficient rarity. If the weather forecast promised rain, it will always go from one to two days, or from 5 to 7 pm, at a time when lunch time, or have to go home from work. Murphy's Law operates continuously
12. In England rarely snows in the winter. If one centimeter of snow had fallen, it is an event. Cities stand, transport does not work, planes do not fly, they fled to sculpt mangy snowmen and ride with inflatable mattresses. Snowplows communal hardly hold, probably cheaper every year suffer multimillion-dollar losses than to keep the technique ... well they will do if the Germans attacked
13. The British hardened since childhood. Do not wrap up the children taken from head to toe and generally not accepted dress for the season. The climate is quite mild, but because of the zero temperature humidity in winter seems that everything minus 10 in Russia. In winter you can see people in some T-shirts or ballet flats on bare feet. Heating save everything, so like it or not, and will temper as steel since childhood.
14. The animals are very fond of the British. You will not find on the streets of homeless cats and dogs. This question has long been decided. And all because
15. Society for the protection of animals from cruelty was created in England in 1824 and has the status of a royal. Tellingly, the Society for the Protection of Children was founded only 60tyu years later and has the status of a national, that is not so prestigious.
16. But at the same time in England still held the traditional fox hunting. British traditions like more animals
17. While you can find stray animals, especially at night, it will be unfortunate fox. Even in the heart of London can be seen very often. Green eyes sparkle and Shnyrov the bushes. Sometimes jump out from under the wheels of a bicycle late in the dark night of the sudden and short-lived Kondraty grab. They live in the park, which in London a huge amount. Often climb into the house and can be quite dangerous. Night fox publish very specific cries like a baby cut
18. Of the household pests are found here bugs and mice. No cockroaches, and no mosquitoes. You can still easily run into the false black widow. This is a spider, can be dangerous and toxic if bitten.
19. The parks are found proteins in large quantities, they are almost tame. Proteins are all gray and rather plump, I would even say muscular. Once upon a time were carried out and the red squirrels, but they broke the gray, red squirrels are now protected by the state. Swans, lots of interesting birds. By the way all Thames Swans legally are the property of the Queen
20. The parks are often seen benches with name plates installed in the memory of a deceased relative or friend. Sometimes signatures are an example of a purely British irony, as is the case on the photo. "In memory of her husband, which he dreamed, thought, but he never found»
21. London's Richmond Park deer are found, they can be absolutely free to watch. Video terrible embarrassment for an Englishman, when his pet named Fenton put the host in an awkward position and drove a herd of deer on the roadway, the owner has no choice how desperately cry out to the Lord. I probably would have cried if only mats
22. Speaking of obscene speech. In England, you can often hear the mat on television, it is not always zapikivayut. Eminent politicians sometimes can persuade each other to each other and in the tail and mane, and the newspaper a week will retell for any mother who gets sent
23. Watch TV at home, you can only pay tax of about 10 pounds per month. Special services can come and check you have the presence of a TV license. The tax goes into the pocket of BBC. Due to him on television advertising in times less than in Russia, for example.
24. In Britain, a strong class society. The class is not always determined by money, but is determined by the origin and formation. Such as Victoria Beckham is considered an upstart, but she really wants to be accepted for a strong upper middle class. The American concept of «self-made man» here is not particularly respected. Read more about the class will write the next time, because without understanding the class can not be such as to talk about the different types of pronunciation, manners, mentality and so on.
25. In Britain, a huge number of regional accents, dialects and adverbs. Accents may differ within a single city, let alone the county and even more so. English in the former colonies sometimes very different from British English and not only pronunciation.
26. The British feel a little guilty that almost everyone knows English, and the English themselves in foreign languages are not strong. Therefore, they are always praised English foreigner. Many Russian-speaking immediately begin swaggers, saying yes Englishmen notice that I say almost without an accent. With this reality has little in common. It's just a polite compliment ability to bind alien words into sentences. In fact, I almost did not meet to move to the Russian-speaking adults who have excellent pronunciation ... but no, the first wife of Berezovsky great pronons
27. The Scots, Welsh and Irish are very proud of their roots and nationality. Do not try to call an Irishman or Englishman Scotsman or even British - terribly offended.
28. In Britain, there is no concept of provincialism in the Russian sense of the word. It's not cool to be considered indigenous or indigenous Londoner edinburgzhtsem. Historically, all the nobility lived on the estate. In big cities, lived by those who had to work, the need to work always despised the English nobility. But if you grew up in a home with lots of land, it's a yes - it's class. Provincial then considered certain regions, such as the north of England, historically considered hillbillies Irish, because the British in fact staged mass genocide of the Irish, so the elite created a certain snobbish attitude towards them, which is still alive. Provincials come in large numbers of New Zealanders believe
29. In Britain, no constitution
30. Big Ben is actually the name of the bell, not hours
31. The concepts of the yard is not here, because in the urban development of the city there is no court in the Russian sense, urban development planned differently. There is a notion estate or neighbourhood, ie the area.
32. In the English cities all very compact, narrow streets and sidewalks, houses and apartments are quite small. There is for example a standard house with 4 bedrooms only 56 square meters. I'm such flats and houses call mitten.
33. All land private. The concepts of "wave a barbecue on the nature of" no, because the nature of the whole is divided into private plots except protected areas and parks. There are certain places for camping, for which you have to pay, and space for BBQ and picnics.
34. In Britain, no registration, but no bank account cards and there is almost nothing you can do, and even more so to live legally. Place of residence is determined by accounts that are paid through a bank account. All accounts are proof that you lived here, and you may need for various bureaucratic needs. Therefore, a resident of the UK home stores an array of waste paper from paper invoices for communal salary calculated sheets (payslip) and the like, I already lies two hefty folder.
35. If Moscow never sleeps, then London and sleeps more like snoozing right I would say. Pubs are open until 11 on weekends maximum 2uh. Restaurants around the clock is not in sight, and no day-night coffee shops. There's only a fast food eatery, which are open at night on the weekends, so-called take-away, where people go refuel after energy-intensive clubbing. In the city center at the weekend just piles of garbage
36. By the way chips in English is potato fries instead of chips, crisps but it just chips bags
37. In broad daylight in a variety of places in London you can see how people smoke grass, and if you do not see something acutely aware. This is of little concern or care. In fact, here a huge amount of silent herbal drug.
38. Some believe that the British music fans completely and certainly all do not listen to pop music cheap. The percentage of music lovers here is the same as in Russia, and fans of pop music here sea
39. The working class in Russia likes to vacation in Turkey and Egypt, and the working class of England loves Spain and Eastern Europe. British "Tagil" there rests sometimes better than our in Egypt.
40. The English are constantly told sorry, sorry, thank you, please, even if they are not to blame. Englishman apologize if you accidentally stepped on his foot. Should not be misled to think that it is sincere. In fact, the Englishman says sorry and table if it accidentally touches, these words have more interjection than a sincere apology.