Highly subjective collection of a number of witty, offensive or just strange utterances athletes. Some have pleased the nail on the head, others were deftly parried.
50. "Football - it is a suitable game for girls rude, but fragile, delicate boys he is unlikely to fit."
So Oscar Wilde rightly observed for many years before there was a custom of the players simulate injuries for a penalty.
49. "They did finally found."
So I laugh at himself, Eddie Edwards, nicknamed "Eagle", when asked, that showed an x-ray of the brain after an injury in the ski jumping.
48. «Hijo de puta»
Shortly after beginning his career in Madrid "Real" David Beckham he received a red card for what the judge called in Spanish "the son of a prostitute." Beckham later said (in English): "I did not know that this is such a bad word. I've heard that some guys from my team so it was called, and then said those words myself. "
47. "I would like to thank the press from the heart of my backside."
Stating this after winning the tournament's opening in 1992, Nick Faldo thought very well quipped, but he looked like a fool in top form from Pringle.
46. "In fact, I'm not so good. Strictly speaking, only last week I was swearing. "
Gary Lineker is not alien to self-irony.
45. "Good for you, Harold, you're a real bowler."
So Douglas Jardine congratulates Harold Larwood, a bowler when he was hit in the chest Bill Vudfullu, captain of the Australian team during the ill-fated well-known Anglo-Australian 'tournament technology "Bodilayn" in 1932.
44. "Alan Shearer ... He's boring, right? We call it "Mary Poppins."
It seems that Freddy Shepherd, chairman of the "Newcastle United" not too appreciates the player for whom paid 15 million pounds.
43. "Four more years, boys."
Insulting remark of George Gregan, the captain of the Australian national team in rugby, shortly before the end of its meeting in the semifinals of the World Cup in 2003. Australia won this match on the "All Blacks" - in other words, New Zealand has suffered another defeat in the global tournament.
42. "Football combines the two worst aspects of American life - a fight, alternating meetings of the Commission."
American journalist George Will formulated the essence of the national sport of the country.
41. "I do not think hitting the ball head on something affect - the players and so pretty stupid."
A spokesman for the Premier League in 1995, commented on the data of medical research that hitting the ball head injures brain cells.
40. "Mr. Agnew, it seems to me that there is a defect in your one easy swing."
American golfer Jimmy Demaret, three wins in the tournament "Masters" - his partner on the game, US Vice President Spiro T. Agnew.
39. "At least I have my name, and you - only the husband Frances Edmonds."
So cricketer Tim Zoerer, viketkiper Australian team, said that the England spinner Phil Edmonds is not as well known as his wife, the writer.
38. "If they know how to make penicillin out of moldy bread, then you into something surely will."
Most compliment with unpleasant overtones than the open insult. This phrase Muhammad Ali said certain young boxer.
37. "Everyone thinks that he has the most beautiful wife in his own house."
So Arsene Uendzher responded to the statement of Sir Alex Ferguson in 2002, when he claimed that his team in the Premier League tournament has been the best.
36. "My wife just had a baby." - "Congratulations! And from whom? »
So Joe Frazier pinned his opponent in boxing Ken Norton.
35. "Yes, these bl **** s see colors better than you - and they f *** ing, plastic."
John McEnroe diatribe addressed to the judge. The second part of the phrase here, perhaps, superfluous.
34. "It's red, round and weighs about five ounces - if you suddenly forgotten."
So Greg Thomas of Glamorgan unreasonable laughed Viva Richards's inability to get the ball. Soon Richard zapulit ball somewhere high and said, "Greg, you know what he looks like. Go find him. "
33. "Do not worry, son, you are here not stay long."
Fred Truman - new batsman Australian team, which came on the field for the tournament for "the Urn with ashes" hesitated to close the gate. (Tournament for "the Urn with ashes" is held annually between the teams of the UK and Australia cricket. - Approx. Ed.).
32. "My old friend, the brake of the second row."
Reviewed by Austin Healey about Justin Harrison, "Loka" Australian rugby team (in addition he called Harrison "log") is not endeared him to the people during the tournament, "Lions" in 2001.
31. "He can not kick the ball left foot can not beat a ball head, can not put a few boards and scoring goals. And the rest - a normal football. "
George Best lists the many talents of David Beckham.
30. "She looks like an octopus falling from a tree."
David Feherti Irish golfer, now retired, on the backswing Jim Fyurika.
29. "Beat me down! We already had cocaine and bribery, and "Arsenal" scored two goals in his field. But it was enough to think that all the wonderful football has already happened, it turned out that Vinnie Jones - a world-class player. "
Jimmy Greaves expresses its shock at the fact that the big man of the "Wimbledon" was first selected in the main part of Wales.
28. "Somebody compared him to Billy McNeil, but as far as I remember, Billy was not a crappy player."
Legendary football coach Tommy Docherty in 2000 the Italian legionary "Rangers' Lorenzo Amoruso.
27. "Lay down on the ground, then you will know."
Willie Pep, the American boxer in the flyweight, the question of the old opponent around the ring: "Do you recognize me?»
26. "Oh, God, you just look, whom they slipped me. They think we are a haven for the blind play? »
Archie MacLaren, captain of the England cricket on her team to perform at the fourth tournament for "the Urn with ashes" in 1902. His team lost, but it was not enough just to win three dashes.
25. "Eighty percent of the women in the" top hundred "- a fat pig, do not deserve equal pay."
Richard Kradzhichek, Wimbledon champion in 1996, argues its opposition to equal pay. He later softened his statement, saying: "I would like to say that the fat pigs only seventy-five percent." Charming.
24. "Jardine, leave our flies alone - here they are your only friends."
So fan-Australian in Sydney rein England captain cricket when he pressed local fauna to "Bodilayn tournament."
23. "If father David Seaman put the gum, we would not have taken off from the tournament for the World Cup."
Harsh, but probably a fair analysis of the reasons for the defeat of England in the match with Brazil for the World Cup in 2002. In the role of the analyst - comedian Nick Hancock.
22. "What's your problem, except for the fact that you are unemployed, and maloholnye nerd?»
John McEnroe at first sight gives an estimate of the audience to a certain tennis match.
21. "He brought in defensive strategy in boxing this poetic. Alas, no one ever no one knocked out a poem. "
Eddie Shaw, the boxing coach, about Herole Graham ("Bomber"), a British boxer in a light middleweight.
20. "This year, you have 1 chance in 33 to win the tournament," Six Neyshenz. " Now your odds - 1 out of 16. If you can tear off from Henson Church, what are the chances? »
Reckless joke Sue Baker in 2005 in a conversation with the senior coach of the Wales rugby of his best players Gavin Henson, who began dating Charlotte Church.
19. "Pakistan - one of those countries where you want to send the wife's mother."
Flat jokes Ian Botham hit by the boomerang, when England lost to Pakistan in the World Cup final in 1992.
18. "Only in the event of an outbreak of bubonic plague."
Giovanni Trapattoni sincere answer to the question whether he will include Paolo Di Canio in the Italian team for their performances at the World Cup in 2004.
17. "This is my island, my culture. And then you do not stare at me. In my culture it is taken just hit the ball. " "In my culture, just to say:" From *** vivo Recording ".
Viv Richards said that the Australian bowler Merv Hughes - and that he responded.
16. "Local girls is much uglier than in Belgrade. Our women are much prettier. Furthermore, they do not drink all the beer. "
Georgi Hristov from Macedonia damaged relations with local, thus describing women from his new football club in Barnsley.
15. "Is the world's second greatest athlete - gay?"
The inscription on the jersey Daley Thompson in which he appeared at the Olympics in 1984, can not be called ingenious, but a hidden reference to the rumors about Carl Lewis certainly caught the attention.
14. "Joe Frazier so ugly that he should donate his face wildlife management United States."
Frazier took the mockery of Muhammad Ali before their first fight for the title of champion in the heavyweight division in 1971 close to my heart - the more so then Ali called him "Uncle Tom."
13. "I do not follow Kournikova. I want to win matches. "
Russian tennis player Maria Sharapova shrugs off badly worded compliment.
12. "Who do you think you are - Steve Waugh?"
Very thin rebuke Michael Vaughan, the captain of the England cricket, addressed to his Australian counterpart Ricky Ponting at the start of the tournament for "the Urn with ashes" in 2005. The phrase set the tone for the tournament, which England once, did not allow themselves to be intimidated. Waugh, Ponting predecessor, famous for having built a mockery of opponents in real art.
11. "In the British team has only three weaknesses: they are no batters, bowlers, no and no fielder."
The only weak spot Review writer Martin Johnson's team that Mike Göttingen formed for the tournament for "the Urn with ashes" from 1986-1987 - that they returned home with a victory.
10. "Whether it's cheese rolls past him, he would never have flown."
Graham Gooch on the "ball of the century" Shane Warne, who missed Mike Gottingen.
9. "It covers all the grasses, but only because his first hit - shit".
The manager of the football club Dave Jones candidly describes the talents Carlton Palmer.
8. "I have not been to push the legs, Fred." - "And your mother, too & quot ;.
Apologies Raman Subba Row for the mistake - and the answer Fred Truman.
7. "He has all that is required boxer except agility, endurance, possession fists and ability to withstand when you are beaten. In other words, he has a pair of sports cowards. "
American columnist Blackie Sherrod about a contender for the title of champion in the heavyweight division.
6. "No matter how you look, and you're not good enough to play for England." - "Maybe it is, but at least I'm the best cricketer in my family."
Bowler James Ormond has not reached his words, when the day of his debut in the national team of England, Mark Waugh, Steve's brother, tried to pin him.
5. "Who believes us bored, raise your hands."
Not that beautifully told, but this title from the Sydney Daily Telegraph over a photograph of the England Rugby, salute the fans after the victory over France in the semi-finals of the World Cup 2003, was so high on my list is already out of the results of the next match. Hands up who is important to us that it was boring!
4. "Well there's your wife and my kids?" - "My wife very well, and the kids suck."
Dialogue Rod Marsh viketkipera Australian team, Ian Botham, all-raunderom England.
3. "You were a crap player and is now a crap manager. The only thing that makes me deal with you - is that you somehow my team manager, although you do not even Irish, English you asshole. Come in the ass. "
Words that Roy Keane allegedly said to Mick McCarthy, manager of the Republic of Ireland, and then was removed from the 2002 World Cup and sent home. Now Keane - responsible manager of the Premier League.
2. "Why are you so fat?" - "Because every time I fuck your wife, she gives me a biscuit."
Dialogue Glenn McGrath, bowlers the Australian team, with Eddo Brandes, massive cricketer from Zimbabwe.
1. That said Marco Materazzi to Zidane's sister Zineddina.
Or his mother or terrorism. Nobody exactly knows what the defender said the Italian team in the final match of the World Cup in 2006, but an insult Zidane Materazzi so infuriated that he hit his head on the chest and was sent off.