Photos of sharks

Photographer Todd Bretl continues to explore the ocean, making a variety of stunning pictures of marine fauna. Many saw his pictures shellfish and other marine animals, but truly stunning photographs of sharks taken at close range. Despite his reputation as ferocious predators Bretlu managed close enough to approach them, take a picture and get back to shore safely. These marine animals often become heroes all sorts of horror stories in which they act solely as fierce and ruthless predators. Bretl says that "the danger of sharks for divers greatly exaggerated. Sharks never behaved aggressively towards me. "But of course, this does not mean that a photographer neglects precautions.

"Preparing to shoot sharks is not much different from preparing to shoot clownfish," - says Todd. "You just have to be sure to take all the necessary equipment with them. It is also important to think in advance what you want to remove. »

"Being face to face with sharks always quite exciting and difficult to think about how best to take a picture when it gets really hot," says the photographer. Todd tries to think carefully about the idea of ​​pictures in advance.

The main difference in shooting sharks that you can not sit down, face pressed to the viewfinder. You should always be on the alert in case the shark would be not too friendly or too curious (unlikely you'll like tiger shark stalking to know who you are).

Todd admits that he would never take pictures or Great White shark-fin mako without fear assistant, but with other types of sharks can swim and he alone. Most photographers sharks swim meet, not from them. This is the most common mistake.

Tedd often uses bait to get the sharks swim up close, as contrary to popular belief, they are not intended divers in an attempt to catch.

Most of the photos were taken near the Bahamas. He walked in the water from 9 am to 9 pm, stopping only to refuel scuba. If the photographer has a fair amount of time, patience and calmness, sooner or later the shark swims a little closer. Chase the shark - one of the worst ways to take a picture at close range. They are much more clever than people think.

When the photographer asked to tell some interesting story that occurred during his photo-shoot, he usually tells how one night in the Bahamas, he decided to take pictures alone. "I was under the boat and was about to start fotoohotu- in the dark, surrounded by dozens of sharks ... But suddenly, the shark began to behave strangely, they moved faster and faster, approaching ever closer. At that moment I thought that, perhaps, he was bored to death with his camera. It turned out that the bait fell out of the boat and swam next to my foot. As soon as I sailed away, sharks have calmed down, but a few seconds I was able to experience real fear ».

Translated specifically for fishki.net

--img13--

Source: www.mymodernmet.com

Tags

See also

New and interesting