Selecting tourist: rain and kayaks. Rafting on the Dnieper

Sleep before lunch, a cup of hot coffee on the sill of a window that opens through glass so exciting and, thank God, the distant world of rain and slush, warm slippers, no less warm kvartirnik have the most wonderful people ... So will not be able to spend their only day off in the week present tourist. In this "holiday antilabor" he chooses rain, Dnepr, a thermos of tea and kayaks.

Remember the old anecdote? There is a group of tourists. Newbie thinks, "Who'll die." Arrester: "Now I will go to the stone and shall die." KMSnik: "Now I will go to the turn of the stone, and shall die." Instructor: "If now someone will die, I'll die." There is no word on kayaks. But the essence is the same: even if you want a Saturday morning lie down under a blanket for an hour or more, the tourist jump and hit the road. Otherwise - it is not tourist.

The first acquaintance with kayaks seemed to me somewhat different. Well, there, the sun, the pleasant coolness of the water, for carrying so that the oars only need to change direction, and talk-talk with the person sitting behind you. A whole week of rain I hope thought that the event is canceled. So many people think. But the organizers, swaggers, just ask: "Still in force, is not it?". Wimps do not hold, sir. As a result, despite the bad weather, which on the street did not want to come out even my dog ​​on the mouth of the Gulf of Dog - near the metro Heroes of the Dnieper - gathered eleven "not wimps».

For me, a man who did not swim kayak, a little unexpected was that "the boat" before launching look like.

In the kayak even sit down was scary. Thin aluminum frame and a canvas does not inspire confidence completely. But here as a skydiving: after the word "ready" can not be waived. And after the briefing, a la "if all drown - still swim to shore," the soul, oddly enough, was even more confident. Swim something I can do.

After listening to the end of advice on how to make a wave of his nose, five kayaks with joyful shouts their passengers: "Wave" rushed towards the boat sailed past. Actually, the wave was the only more or less extreme entertainment on the Dnieper. But a weak even for beginners.

But for those who like to admire the beauty, at first glance, a friend, and, in fact, unknown city - the most it. Rain water (in raincoats and bags on their feet) is not felt. A new angle and fog did Kiev complete stranger.

Wild enthusiasm from the first strokes were not. But especially to make efforts not necessary. Gave an excellent opportunity for drift. What we gladly used for dinner on the water and contemptuous looks sailing past professional rowers. In the last did not care: delicious sandwich with fish and banana eaten directly in a kayak, there is nothing.

Those who could not sit at home, on the Dnieper River in the day enough.

For the first time managed to enjoy plenty of houses and trees mirrored on Rusanivsky channel. And near the monument to consider the very rare bird, which "will reach the middle of the Dnieper." The bird, however, was more similar to some kind of reptile.

In the haze of the day was wet, but spectacular. Kayaks "skipped" by eleven bridges: Moscow, two railway, metro bridge, Paton, Kirpa Podolsky unfinished, bridges Rusanovka ... Everyone - in the mist - create the impression that you're moving through a tunnel, or the ruins of something very old and mysterious ... Under that leads from Hydropark Trukhaniv on the island, even had to cling to kayak close. A swim out, and listen to the cries of disgruntled fishermen who scared away the fish. Every now and then heard behind: "Together cheerfully to walk on open spaces» ...

Several hours and 17 kilometers flown by too quickly - in the South Bridge route was completed. And the bad weather only adds charm to it.

Tags

See also

New and interesting