6 cardiac arrests during the honeymoon

When Andrew Britton honeymoon felt unwell, he copied it on poslesvadebnoe hangover. A few days later a man in serious condition was taken to hospital where he suffered six cardiac arrests.

33-year-old Britton collapsed an hour after the arrival of the Maldives with his wife Lauren in November last year. Swimmer and squash player initially wrote off all the effects of a hangover and a long flight, but his condition deteriorated rapidly.

Within a few days he lost 12 kilograms and was transferred to a hospital in Bangkok, Thailand, where he was hooked up to life-support system.

"When I finally came to, I was terribly embarrassed," - says Andrew. Pointing out a pen and paper, he wrote, "I am dying?". Later he learned that suffered five cardiac arrests in the Maldives and the sixth in a few days.

When he first felt ill, his wife called the doctor, who after examining the man put a dropper. The next day the couple got into a boat and went to a nearby hospital, where doctors stunned newlyweds saying that the heart rate Andrew - 200 beats per minute. After the doctors introduced a sedative, they had to make a man defibrillation.

"It all happened quite suddenly. It was terrible - says Mrs. Britton. - I always talked on the phone with family and friends. They supported me. Without them I could not have done ยป.

Doctors warned Andrew and his wife, that he will die if it is not delivered to the cardiology center in Bangkok for 24 hours. Fortunately, he was taken to an urgent medical aircraft, and has been connected to the system on life support. So the man held for two weeks. The doctors came to the conclusion that the man suffers from miakordita.

His other bodies also began to refuse because of the medications that doctors use to fight the virus, and when his kidneys stopped working hospital staff leaked from his body 11 liters of liquid. However, a few weeks Andrew condition stabilized and he was taken to hospital Harefield in the north-west London.

In the UK, a man suffered an eight-hour open heart surgery, during which to the left ventricle of his heart was attached device that sucks blood and sends it to the heart.

At the moment a man is stable and is in the hospital awaiting a heart transplant.

Myocarditis is viral infection that leads to inflammation and damage to the heart. Most of the cases held in the week, but sometimes inflammation of the heart takes longer. Symptoms include chest pain, fever, irregular heartbeat and shortness of breath.

Myocarditis can be a complication of bacterial and viral infections such as influenza, otitis media, and respiratory diseases.

Tags

See also

New and interesting