Monument dying intellectuals

Here in Kiev, in the little park on the street Gonchar, unveiled a monument to Kyiv intellectuals. Monument is very symbolic. Kingfisher as a symbol chosen by the author is not accidental. Constantine Skritutsky, creator of Landscape alley, explained this choice as follows: "As for me, this image represents the best Kyiv intelligentsia. By its nature, a very shy bird kingfisher - constantly hides its head under its wing, as if she was ashamed of everything that happens around. my work I want to show that from the general callousness and inertia Kiev intelligentsia became an endangered species that it is time to bring in the Red Book. But there are intellectuals, and it should be very active in all public affairs. It's kind of a friendly cartoon, which should make the intellectual thinking, "- says the sculptor. By the way, on a concrete pedestal install a sign saying: "The intelligentsia - the keeper of the future!ยป.
Ban Skritutsky plans to create several types. The image of the birds. Since the kingfisher - it is like a collective image shamefaced intellectual.

Tags

See also

New and interesting