The collection presents 10 of the most powerful in the world in the power-to-weight ratio. They can lift weights in excess of their own to 1000 times!
1. Tubular mites. The strongest creature on Earth (in the power-to-weight ratio) - it is hard ticks, which can be found in your nearest garden. This tiny creature can bear the weight in 1180 times its own. It's just that if a man could lift 82 tons
2. dung beetle. This beetle can lift the weight, the equivalent weight of six double-decker buses, that is in 1141 times its own weight. Dung beetles vary greatly in size - from 1 mm to 6 cm in length. Scarab - type, constituting 10% of all bugs. He was worshiped by the ancient Egyptians that his work (he rolled balls of dung) - is the personification of the sun moves
3. The leaf-cutting ants. The jaws of this insect can bite of the sheet, the weight of which is 50 times the weight of their bodies. All the same, that if a man raised the subject of weight 2, 5 tons. These insects are among the most complex relationships in the world - each group is responsible for a particular process.
4. Gorilla. Gorilla can lift the weight 10 times greater than its own. Males 1, 75 m in height and weigh up to 200 kg. Females are almost half less. Gorillas live up to 50 years. The word "gorilla" comes from the Greek "gorillai", which means "tribe of hairy women". As in humans, gorillas individual fingerprints.
5. African crowned eagle. The first - and only - a bird in the list of the ten most powerful animals. In flight, he can carry the weight of the extraction to 16 kg, which is four times its own weight. It is a powerful and aggressive predator that kills monkeys and even small antelopes. Its wingspan of almost 2 meters. It can be five months building its huge nest, but mates only once in two years.
6 people. The sixth stage of the hit parade "the most powerful" we have achieved through Zydrunas Savickas - the strongest man in the world who can lift more weight than his own half. Savickas 34 years old, his height 1, 9 meters.
7. Tigers. They can bear the weight, twice that of their own - about 540 kg. The average length of a tiger from nose to tip of tail - 3, 3 meters, weight - 300 kg. And despite its weight and size, they can disperse the speed to 64 km / h. Tiger paw powerful enough to smash the skull of a cow.
8. Elephants. They can raise a different weight, and they themselves are not a lightweight. They can raise up to 9 tons, 1, 7 times greater than their own body weight. These are the largest mammals on earth, they live up to 70 years. The largest elephant ever been an increase of 4, 2 meters. At birth they weigh 120 kg.
9. Oxen. Ox can overpower the weight of one and a half times its own - about 900 kg. Normally used only for the oxen pulling heavy objects. They are usually combined in a pair.
10. Grizzlies. At birth, a grizzly bear weighs 0, 5 kg, and maturity - is all of 550 kg. Standing on his hind legs, the grizzly is almost 2, 5 meters tall. They can run at speeds of 54 km / h, but the uphill run faster than a mountain of muscle distribution. In the wild, grizzly bears live to 30 years.