When I broke up with Yura, everything around me began to collapse, even my parents began to treat differently.

There must be a relationship between parents and children, not only in theory but also in practice. It is difficult for adults to understand this, but from an early age the child is very sensitive to deception in his address. Unfulfilled promises are remembered for a long time and leave a deep mark on the soul. A betrayed trust Returning in this case is extremely difficult. When you’re an adult, you’re used to the fact that things don’t always go the way we want them to. Children are more likely to believe in miracles.

Continuing the topic, we recall that even with age, children often continue to trust their parents. Unless, of course, in the past they had some critical situations in which mom and dad failed their child more than once. Unfortunately, all this can often result in quite serious family dramas, up to stopping any kind of communication at all. The sad truth of life, but such examples can be found really many.

After thirty years, the life of any single girl begins to slowly but surely slide into the abyss. Okay, lying. Not every one, but the average majority. You're not invited to noisy parties like before. Not even to go for a walk on a warm summer evening, just like that. Your peers are mostly married. Getting acquainted on the Internet is better not to start. Trust me, it's a zoo, I know. And all that remains is to wait for some good occasion, which must surely one day turn up to find, finally, his soul mate. But the question is, when?

After all, my childhood and youth went very well and promising. My parents helped, I had a bunch of friends and girlfriends, my own big room that I could always lock up. It was great, but I wasn’t thinking about the future. Mom and Dad did not spare money for my education, although, I confess, I never got a prodigy. But that's not the problem. Many of my friends, much dumber than me, are now married and enjoying life. I’m sitting in a rented apartment and can’t afford to go to a beauty salon.

My parents cheated me, and it all started with college. These were my golden years, there can be no doubt. I was young, beautiful and very popular. But she didn't throw herself at everyone she met, that's not the point. I just liked the noisy crowds and parties. What girl at my age didn’t like them? Besides, I had every opportunity for it.

My dad never asked me if I was dating a guy or not. That's what my mom did most of the time. We still communicated with her normally and, one might say, were even friends. I didn’t tell you everything, but she knew most of my life. So when I found out that at some point my heart was not occupied, I offered to meet an interesting boy.

As it turned out, it was the son of a father’s colleague. Yura, tall blonde with a beautiful smile and great prospects. On the first date, he made me laugh so much that I almost choked with laughter. I liked him very much and we started dating. My parents obviously approved of my choice, and our relationship with Yura began to develop very rapidly. After a month or so, we even went out of town together, to a rented large house, to get to know everyone better. My parents were on my side and my boyfriend was on his side. It seems like a simple meeting of friends, but in fact, you know, it was something closer to matchmaking. It's too early.

Then, about six months later, Yura rented us a nice apartment in a great neighborhood. I have long wanted to try to live apart from my parents, although our three-bedroom apartment is also not cramped. Being close to your loved one is another level. In such conditions we stayed exactly one and a half years. Learned to live independently, planned a lot, got a job. In general, we really planned something like a small, but quite promising family. It was a good period.

But everything literally collapsed in one moment. We broke up with Yura almost as quickly as we got together. And it didn't happen quietly and calmly, as I think it should. No, there was a big fight, a scandal. Our parents immediately found out about everything and started arguing with each other. I'd even say feud. My dad moved to another floor to avoid seeing a former colleague. Yura's mother called me several times a day for a week. Literally spit poison and called the last words. It was real hate.

After moving back to my parents, I didn’t feel better. They learned the reason for the breakup and, instead of understanding their daughter, began to poke their noses into the past. We were no longer a close-knit family, as we once were, but strangers. I was allocated several shelves in the refrigerator, and for food and part of the communal room, under the new conditions, I had to pay out of my pocket. Of course, all the household chores that concern me were now my own. I knew that my mom and dad had hinted that it was time for me to live alone. That's what I did.

I still live alone in a rented apartment. I work in a job with low pay. I don’t have time for anything else at all. The funny thing is that about 2 years ago my parents started calling me with a question about when I will have a child. I was laughing. Firstly, they are well aware of my financial condition and the fact that I can’t find someone to start a family.

And secondly, relatively recently there was another significant case. After a long illness, my grandmother, who lived in a house outside the city, died. To be honest, I counted on her real estate and the help of her parents to buy a corner for myself at least in a residential area of the city. But my parents, of course, did their own thing. They quickly sold their grandmother’s house, and with the money they repaired the apartment. Good repair, no questions asked. But all this instead of helping your daughter.

Now they, not to speak directly, but only vague hints, offer me to look for a man. They need grandchildren. And to live, and to be, we will be with them. The apartment I grew up in. Although after the repairs you know, I think I'm going to feel like a complete stranger there. It turns out that I either need to make a deal with my conscience and find a worthy chosen one, however, I do not know where. Or just leave it as it is and wait for the weather by the sea.

As you can see, the situation is hopeless, from whichever side you look. And it's all because of my parents. I don't know why they're doing this to me, because I'm their only daughter, I don't have any siblings. So far, there are no alternatives on the horizon. It's amazing how things can get worse over time, just unimaginable. And how do I proceed next is a very, very difficult question.

Tags

See also

New and interesting