My daughter divorced her husband and came to live with me in the village, and now sends me to work.

Since school, we have been taught that earnings It will be higher the more effort he spends on getting a good profession. That textbooks and boring rote is not a whim of parents, but a way to learn and achieve something in the future. Loafers from the back are just ordinary losers and in the future they do not expect anything good. And under no circumstances should you listen to them. And it is best to spend your fleeting youth on something that will be useful to you throughout your life.

Whatever it is, to know in advance what will be, unfortunately, impossible. There are too many variables in the equation. We can only hope that at some point you made the right choice and continue to try hard to do what is best. So that neither your parents nor your future children will be ashamed of you. There will be a celebration on your street one day.

With age, I more and more often began to catch myself thinking that I did a lot in life wrong. It’s probably a sign of growing up, but in my case it’s probably getting older. What if my daughter is 27 and my granddaughter is about to turn 5? But they are the most important and most expensive thing I have. So do not be afraid, but roll up your sleeves and help them, no matter what. Well, let me be 50 years old. It's okay, I think there's still health.

My first mistake was staying in the village after the wedding. My husband and I were both local, but he wanted to try to rent an apartment in the city and somehow try to hook up there. I was against it. I didn’t like the idea of moving and even scared me. Besides, I got pregnant pretty quickly after the wedding, so I was nervous, literally, about any little thing. We talked to our husband and decided to postpone the move until better times. But what could be more permanent than temporary?

By the way, I did very well in school. So I was hoping that even here, in an ordinary village, I would find myself a decent job. And that was probably my second mistake. If you're a young mom and a housewife, your career is over. I have not seen any reverse examples, except for fictional films or TV series. By the way, I would like to note that my ex-girlfriends and classmates, who in the past did nothing other than constantly having affairs with older guys, still broke out in people. I never would have thought of it, but it's a fact.

My daughter went to town after her wedding. She also had a baby quickly. But after that, nothing good happened. The husband began to walk, first secretly, and then completely without hiding it. Alina tried to somehow change the situation, to find out what the reason for this attitude towards her was. But the answer was simple and banal: he’s just such a person. And he doesn't care about his child, roughly speaking. Arguments, divorce and relocation. To my village.

By this time, I had buried my husband and lived alone. Sometimes it was hard, sometimes easier, but there is nothing wrong with the fact that my daughter and child will live with me. One thing is bad: our views on comfort were too different. A person quickly gets used to the good and I saw that the city life made Alina softer. And even though she denied it, I knew that getting up at 5 a.m. was a sentence for her. For me, this has become the norm over the years. You need to sit on the phone less and sleep at the same time. Isn't it?

Things have gotten a little weird lately. I have a small farm and I like to work on the ground. Recently, after the arrival of my daughter, I bought a goat. For milk, cheese can still be made. Very useful acquisition for the village. But Alina, instead of thanking me, hinted that she and my granddaughter didn't like the goat. Like, she smells, moans a lot and in general, with her a lot of problems. I didn't get it at all.

Peels On the other hand, the daughter receives alimony. The former son-in-law did not get out, as many people do today, and indicated his honest salary. Therefore, in relation to the village, alimony did not look so small. But Alina didn't want to spend it. I started putting something away. I was silent, although, of course, extra funds would not hurt us. It was as if she had not seen it, as if all her thoughts were occupied with something else.

And I soon realized what it was. Or rather, by whom. Vasily, a local engineer from the factory. Young, stupid. But that didn't stop him from hanging around my house. Then a friend told me she saw them walking together. I sat with my granddaughter as if I had no other business. No, I love this girl, but she has a mother who has to look after her child. Besides, what's next? She will have a serious relationship with Vasya, and what? Is she going to take him to town or is he going to provide for him here? And so, and so as not to spin - there are no chances, they are too different.

Peels But that's not what surprised me recently. And the conversation with Alina and the offer she made me. In general, one of her city friends told her that her mother bought him and her husband an apartment. And not just a box, but good housing in a new building. Here we go. And the most interesting thing is that I can do the same thing, go abroad and start working there. According to that friend, work - do not hit the bedridden. You don't even need to know the language. I learned German at school, but I don’t remember it at all.

Is that it? My daughter says plainly that while she is raising a child and trying to improve her personal life, I can work and live somewhere else. For me it will be a rest, because there is nothing more “scary” than the way I live. Moreover, she even saved up for my ticket, so there is nothing to pay or look for. Sit down and fly. And there I can send some part of the salary to her with her granddaughter, she will then give when she gets back on her feet.

And yes, I understand perfectly well. Well, what to do, if she could not earn the only daughter for a normal life, will have to start in old age. Not me first, not me last. But something inside of me says this is probably going to be another mistake in my life. That nothing good will come of it and will only get worse. And I think that Alina needs an eye and an eye right now. But I can't babysit her all my life, can I? In short, I slowly collect things and write down the most necessary phrases in German. I might like it in another country. At least I'll see something new. I can help my daughter with something.

Tags

See also

New and interesting