Leaving the house for a long time, never flushing the toilet, life taught me this trick.

It so happened that a year ago my daughter and I had to move to another city. And one of the main issues we have is housing. After reading more than one advert on the Internet, I still found a suitable apartment for us. Arriving in a new city, we immediately went to meet with the hostess to settle all the issues. According to the owner, she has not lived in the apartment for almost a year. Sometimes I checked to see if everything was okay. She has long dreamed of having a home in the suburbs.

So for these conversations, we went up to the apartment. And as soon as the front door was opened, a pungent smell struck the nose. The owner immediately ran to the kitchen to check the garbage can, suddenly forgot something there. But the bucket was completely clean, and the smell came more from the bathroom. Of course, every time the hostess left the apartment, she blocked it. toiletAnd the water supply in general. Gas was also cut off and the power machine turned off. The usual precautions that everyone should do when leaving the house for a long time.

But the smell continued to fill the apartment and had to call a plumber. He immediately identified the cause. It turns out that with a long absence of water, the hydraulic gate dried up. And all the smells of sewers without any obstacles penetrated into the apartment.

The plumber advised that such a water shutter be in all sinks and toilet always. Therefore, it is necessary to release water periodically. But he does not advise pouring oil into sewer pipes. Sunflower oil, like any other fat, will clog the pipes rather than save them. You can add a few drops of aromatic oil and cover the plums in the sink with a sheet of paper. This will help to stop the evaporation of water.

Another mistake that almost everyone makes when they go on vacation. This drains the water from the toilet tank and blocks the water. Our hostess did the same thing. And so when she opened the water and the tank started filling with water, all the water started draining down the toilet.

It turned out that the seal inside the barrel just dried up and crumbled. Of course, nothing is eternal and with constant use of the toilet seal, being in the water, could also fail. The lack of water has only accelerated the process.

The apartment, of course, we removed this, the inside of the tank changed, the smell weathered. There were no other surprises in the apartment and we live in it very well. But some of the rules we remember for life. So write it down so you don’t forget when you’re going on vacation or business trip.

Be sure to block the water, gas in the apartment, turn off the electricity. There should be no perishable products in the refrigerator. If you turn off the lights, there should be no food. Make sure that there are no things or products in the house that will disappear and begin to decay.

Don't pour water out of the toilet barrel. This will keep his insides from drying out. To protect the water shutter in the sewer pipes, cover them with a sheet of paper. Check if all windows and balcony doors are closed. Take out all the rubbish so that there is no new life in the trash can.

Tags

See also

New and interesting