Piercing quotes of the legendary Lina Kostenko, which I want to read again and again

Recently, Lina Kostenko turned 93. Living legend has come a long and hard way, but her will to live envious even young. She's one of those superheroes who doesn't wear capes. And her weapon was always the word. The freedom-loving writer continues to enrich Ukrainian culture. And her. citations They were winged a long time ago. Today we want to discuss with you the most relevant sayings of the poet.

Instagram / @asociacion_sol_azul Quotes with deep meaning Lina Kostenko was one of the brightest representatives of the generation of sixties. These included writers and writers who represented opposition to the Soviet totalitarian regime. The Ukrainian intelligentsia was under constant supervision of the authorities. People were put in prison, and someone was just killed.

Instagram / @ukr__history.ua2 Sixties spoke out in defense of the national language and culture. They strived for freedom of creative expression and demanded that human values stand above class values. For such views, Lina Kostenko was forbidden to print her works. For example, in 1963, the book of poems “Zoryany Integral” and “Prince Gora” was removed from the press.

But clashes with the Soviet authorities did not stop the poetess. She continued to write and publish in other countries (Czechoslovakia, Poland). She also went to court to support her arrested colleagues. Letters of protest against the arrest of the Ukrainian intelligentsia did not help. But it gave people a lot of moral support -- they weren't alone.

1944-1706

Instagram / @ukr__history.ua2 After Lina Kostenko defended Vyacheslav Chernovol, she was forgotten for a long time. The poet had to write to the table, as she simply could not print her works. Soon for 4 years she was included in the black list of cultural figures of the USSR.

The quotes of Lina Kostenko are more relevant today than ever. My favorite of them in Russian is: “Nations do not die from a heart attack.” First, they lose their language.” In the context of Russia’s full-scale war against Ukraine, these words resonate in the hearts of most Ukrainians.

It’s hard to imagine how long the Russian Empire and the USSR tried to destroy the Ukrainian language. Now it is the main Soviet successor Russia, occupying the territory of Ukraine, renaming signs in cities and burning books in Ukrainian libraries. But the Russian occupiers will not be able to achieve their goal. The nation will live!

History is cyclical, and today Ukrainians have to fight for their freedom. Lina Kostenko summed it up in four lines:

"Fight me. Our ancestors fought.
We've got a lot more than ours.
You're free to start with abetics.
I'll tell you what to do.

The poet knows firsthand what the fight against the regime is. Her father was branded an enemy of the Soviet people and spent 10 years in concentration camps. Kostenko herself survived World War II when she was still very young. The spirit of steel has been minted in this woman for years.

Instagram / @foot.format "I'm not afraid of anything." I only fear involvement in idiots, said Lina Vasilievna. Her circle of communication consisted of intellectuals and colleagues in the writing shop. It reacted harshly to all the contradictory events in the country, whether it was the former USSR or the already independent Ukraine. If the government deserves criticism, it will get it.

The quotes of Lina Kostenko Kostenko wrote not only not the malice of the day. In her poems there are many beautiful lines about love. She said, "Give the people a shout." For this, the soul is filled with light.” Sometimes it is enough to share with someone just a drop of your love to instantly feel the inner fullness.

Instagram / @uacrisis_org I love lines from Lina Vasilievna's poetry:

“Everything has survived the demand,
I'm going to kick off the slack.
I'm not going to have to go ahead.
The posters are not vart.”

The poet is right: living in the past is stupid. Everything ends sooner or later, but this is just a reason to start something new. What do you say?

Finally, I want to share a life-affirming quote from the writer: “One, let’s not get tired, it’s an hour, and we live, we need to rush!” Hurry up so that before you go to heaven you will not be ashamed of your actions. Life is given to us to make choices every day. Let yours be right!

Tags

See also

New and interesting