The future mother-in-law gave an antique ring a week before the wedding, the next morning I was at the jeweler’s.

Someone likes to collect stamps, some are crazy about modern technology, others respect. jewellery with a unique history. People have different tastes, and you can't please everyone. So, before you give something specific, try to ask the person what he likes, his habits or hobbies. Thus, you can save your time, and the recipient will have only pleasant emotions.

Peels On the other hand, people accepting gifts should behave modestly. Appreciate any present that is presented to them. Within decency, of course. For example, in the West, it is customary to make lists of gifts that the perpetrators of the celebration would like to receive for their holiday. That's what guests look for. We don't do that. As they say, take what you give and don’t forget to say thank you.

Well, did you see those grandmas on the bus wearing old-fashioned berets with some wild makeup and all in gold? A hundred rings, huge earrings, that's all? And the gold is still so red, even redder. It looks like copper. My mother-in-law gave me this ring recently. Gold, with turquoise. Soviet. Exactly as you imagined it.

She said that this is a huge treasure and it has been passed from mother-in-law to daughter-in-law for more than one generation. Like a happy marriage and everything. I put it on, I feel bad. Huge, inappropriate color, this turquoise does not look at all. It's a nightmare. But I had to take it. I thanked you, I smiled. But the jewelry, of course, decided to keep at home, somewhere deeper in the box.

There. Two months later, my oldest daughter and I went for a walk. We went to the local shopping center on the way. Kids like to run there. They like when there are many people, everything is colorful and you can walk around small shops. And I don't mind myself. After another turn came across the corner of the jeweler. There was a lot of stuff sold there, but that's not what my daughter was interested in.

Peels Young and energetic jeweler merrily talked about his profession, entertained the queue, advised what to buy, and in parallel in the corner repaired the jewelry of customers. This time he was poking around with the links in the bracelet of a pretty girl. The child and I stood for a while, discussed the goods and went on. But I remember this place.

It was my eldest daughter’s birthday on my nose, and this jewellery corner never got out of my head. There you can also melt the product or make it more modern. Yeah, you got it right. Do two things at once. Get rid of the terrible ring given by my mother-in-law. And, of course, create something new for the small. She'll have her first female trinket.

It turned out that changing, reworking or completely remelting the product is not a problem at all. All you need is material and payment for work. We got the turquoise. I even found an article on the Internet saying that all the supernatural power of the rings is in their stones. And the frames are just metal.

The jeweler tried his best and even covered the new ring with a special alloy so that it was not so red, but acquired a more noble shade of white gold. Excellent result, and also very modern.

Of course, the mother-in-law was invited to her granddaughter’s holiday. I don't actually have anything against her. Everyone has their own views on life. At her age, I don’t know what I’m going to look like. Grandma's tattooed? Ha ha! Why not?

My grandmother appreciated my gift to my granddaughter. I was in love, you could say. They and their father-in-law gave the baby a very cute jumpsuit, although people are retired, and I believe that they do not owe anything at all. Come on.

But the second half of the holiday was completely not according to plan. My mother-in-law asked me about her former ring, and I didn't lie or hide it. I even showed her that magic turquoise. I'll tell you right away, it didn't help. The woman instantly purled, and in front of her eyes she had something like very stingy tears. But they were tears of anger.

She started yelling, accusing me of complacency, arrogance and depreciation of her broad gesture. A little more, and the fists would go, I'm serious. She was comforted by her father-in-law, her husband, one of our family friends. It turned out with difficulty, and my husband, if I looked correctly, still caught a few heavy tomatoes. My daughter cried and the evening was ruined.

I still don't feel guilty. I was given a gift, which means I could do anything with it. What if I lost that ugly ring? What, fire me? Again, she liked her granddaughter's ring. Shouldn't we have done all that bedlam then? But for my mother-in-law, I have no negativity. Well, almost.

It's just that a woman has stuffed some semi-mythical beliefs into her head and now she's living with it. I'm not going to be able to explain anything to her anyway, so I have to be on TV at least once in the evening. But her husband loves her, so I have to respect her. It is a pity that the daughters ruined the holiday. It's your youngest birthday soon. Maybe we can make up.

Whose side are you on in this story?

Tags

See also

New and interesting