Boiled cold pig legs, but then the doorbell rang Dad, 30 years he was not there.

Father's return This was not what the 37-year-old had expected. Dad left the family when she was only 7. Together with her mother, the girl had to go through a really difficult period. In all that time, the man never volunteered to help them. Why this happened and for what purpose the prodigal father appeared on the horizon, read further in the article.

Dad left us when I was 7 years old. I remember that night very well. Screams came from the kitchen, my mother cried. And then I was sneaking around watching my dad pack his things. He didn't say a word to me. Just looked at me and walked out of the apartment. I haven't seen him in 30 years.

At first, my mother was very sad. She stopped eating, didn't go to work. I had to cook. I knew how to fry eggs, cook pasta and steam oatmeal. I knew then that my mother needed to be saved.

A week later, I got my mom's phone and called her sister. Aunt Tanya arrived the same day. I don't know what would have happened if it wasn't for her. She tried to reason with my mother, constantly telling her not to forget that she had a daughter. And she's responsible for me.

Somehow we got out of this hole together. I did well in school to go to university on a budget. I did it, but after the 3rd year I had to drop out. I had to find a full-time job to help my mom.

She became seriously ill at the time. It took a lot of money for treatment. I was lucky that I met my future husband. He really helped me get my mom on her feet. But six months later, there was a relapse. My mom was melting in front of me.

I learned to live without my father. I tried to understand why he disappeared and never came back into my life. I needed him! But at the same time, I realized that there are hundreds and thousands of such stories. I just became the heroine of one of them.

Since he left, I never thought of him in front of my mom. I knew she'd be in a lot of pain. In the years without him, she never met anyone else. Mom just accepted her loneliness. It was gone. One night, when she was in the hospital, her mother didn’t wake up.

I was 27. I had been married for several years, and a month after my mother died, I found out that I was pregnant. Life went on as usual. It was bitter without Mom. But she always told me that people are alive as long as they are remembered.

In memory of my mother, I often cook her favorite dishes. It was pancakes with condensed pancakes and, believe me, cold on pork legs. When I was a kid, I spit on the name alone. But she grew up and loved him.

This is the dish I was doing when someone rang at the door. I recognized him immediately, even though I hadn't seen him in 30 years. It was my father. He said he wanted to talk to me, but he would understand if I didn't let him go.

The child living inside me began to rejoice. Dad hasn't forgotten about me! But as an adult, I was furious. Why should I talk to someone who hasn’t been in my life for 30 years? Despite these thoughts, I let my father into the apartment.

He told his story. According to him, my mother was against our communication. It was because of her that my dad missed all my birthdays, didn't come over for the weekend and didn't give me presents. Though he swore he'd handed them over. They just didn't get to me. Again, because of my mom.

My father confessed to hurting my mother. He cheated on her and went to another. But that didn’t mean he didn’t want to talk to me. No matter how much he tried to reason with his mother, she did not give in to his persuasion. And then I just stopped contacting him.

Dad went abroad because he couldn't find a job. All these years he lived there, and recently accidentally learned that his mother has been dead for 10 years. The old scar got sick again. So he decided to find me. It wasn’t difficult because I live in our old apartment. My husband and I renovated the place. This place is very important to me.

I don't know what to do now. The father wants to communicate, trying to make amends. But how do you do that when 30 years have passed?

Life Wisdom: What does this story teach us? I would love to say that this story teaches us forgiveness. But I’m not sure that the main character will be able to close his eyes to what happened. I think in order to get along with her father, if she's really ready, she's going to have to get psychotherapy. But that wouldn’t hurt her dad either. What do you say?

Tell me, have you ever encountered such stories?

Tags

See also

New and interesting