A Mother's Letter to a Son Who Flew to Heaven

Last one. mother-letter It can tear a soul to shreds. It will not relieve the pain of someone who has lost their child. But at least for a moment will give you the opportunity to forget. Close your eyes and consider your nightmare a dream. Cruel and unjust. The endless torment of separation of mother and son, even time is not a healer. Let these words become an epitaph for all the deceased Ukrainian defenders.

Peels Letter to Son From Mother: If I Knew... If only I had a vision that my heart would not beat in life. That the soul daily, like a wounded beast, whines and howls, directing its gaze into the silent sky. And the sky will turn away from this pain, shyly hiding its eyes. It was like my heart and soul were not there. It's like I blame him for someone else's service. But it's true. You're not with me now, son, you're in heaven now. And if only I knew we'd be separated prematurely. That you will not lead me to heaven, but I will. I will guide you to eternity.”

Peels' Last Look: Where Are You Now? My soul is empty now and then tears to pieces. I know where your body is, but instead of your thoughts, there are gaps. What did you see before you closed your eyes? The whirlpool of battle blossomed before you with fiery sunflowers, poppies, the color of the sunset, and necessarily the greenest grass. I can see you going over the edge of the field with those sunflowers. Because it's quiet and calm. You're going to rest. Just sit down for a second. Just a minute to sleep. If only I knew you were going where you never came back.

"My child. My hope. My backbone. You are no longer with me and I feel like my body is a transparent shell. It eats and sleeps in order to wander thoughtlessly through the world of the living, spending its miserable remnants of years. Lungs each time painfully squeeze, and teeth clutch, so as not to burst into tears on the street, at work, in the kitchen. If only I knew that your last breath would vanish into thin air before mine.

Peels Last Sigh: The barbed wire settled inside me when a sharp bell broke the silence that morning. But I felt it. I felt like you weren't going to talk. You won't say you're wearing warmth. You don't say you ate and I don't have to worry about those little things. This life in the afterlife will tell me there's nothing else to worry about. And it sounds right after, "Died."

“And I should run after you. To throw everyone in the throat. Blaming those who came to our homeland to bring pain and loss. Screaming, tearing off your voice so you can hear. But the sound of trees will steal my voice. The wind will keep him from waking you. You sleep, gently lowering your bright head on a fiery sunflower. And he hugs you with foliage and sings the last lullaby. And if only I knew that they would be sung by distant and unfamiliar cities and villages, and not by the walls of your home.

A personal letter to his son from his mother: I look up at the night sky and try to find you again and again. You may be shining a tiny star thousands of light-years away and trying unsuccessfully to say you love. I can't hear it. I struggle to hear, but I can't. Don’t try, my child, but since you were gone, I have been blind and deaf.

“I am left to murmur between living ghosts. Stretching a friendly smile when you want to lie down in the cold ground. And to live to eat, and not vice versa, as some sages bequeathed. I call on you when no one is listening. I talk when no one can see. Let them judge me, but I will not stop this. And there is no salvation for my spiritual torment. Except for one moment.”

Peels Saying Goodbye: I look at the toddlers in the streets with eyes shining with tears. You know you're their guardian angel? I honestly believe these kids will never know what a battlefield is. Because you found out for them. You looked into the eyes of the abyss and went into oblivion so those little ones and I could just breathe.

“You could wake up and fall asleep. Walking under the sky. Love. Appreciate. Know who they are and what they deserve. You're my warrior. My protector and savior. You are already in heaven, but your strength still protects us. Your brothers and sisters, too. Your spirit is with us forever, fearless and courageous. Everything you fought for and died for will live on. It's your destiny. This is your victory. And when blue and yellow flags fly over the whole liberated land, I promise, my dear, that I will cry from happiness for the first time.

Tags

See also

New and interesting