Sewing home slippers for amateurs

How often do you see your neighbors? Let me guess: a glimpse of the stairwell? I didn’t really talk to anyone until I met an amazing woman who had just moved into our house.

It was about 3 a.m. when I heard a loud knock on the door. It turned out that the new neighbor broke the pipe. She lived in an apartment alone, and there was no man around to solve the problem. My husband didn't get confused, took out the right tools and shut down all the taps.

Since then, she has often asked me to chat for a cup of tea. And this weekend, I looked at her and I saw a sewing machine on the table. It turned out that the owner sewed a very unusual product. I got the nerve to ask for a master class.

How to sew home slippers

These patterns will help you sew wonderful slippers. If necessary, you can change the size of the parts.

You'll need it.
  • flannel
  • fleece
  • linen
  • Shoe insoles (preferably washed)
  • syntepon
  • silicone-coated
  • sewer

Progress of work
  1. Print the pattern and cut out all the details indicated on it. There should be 4 parts for the top of the shoe and 6 parts for the sole. If necessary, cut the shoe insoles in the shape of the sole.

2. Bend the flannel part with the front side inside. Make the stitch as shown in the photo.

3. Place a synthetic insole over the silicone-coated part.

4. Connect and fasten the resulting sole with the top detail as shown in the photo (use pins for this). Stripe the seam, sewing the sole to the top, then turn the product on the front side.

5. Repeat the same procedure with fleece details for interior decoration.

6. Place the inner slippers in the outer (front to each other). Make a seam along the outer edge of the product. Do not forget to leave the hole in the heel area unsealed so that a solid insole can be placed.

7. Turn the almost finished slipper on the front side and cover the hole for turning with a secret seam. Make a neat seam along the upper edge of the product, retreating from the edge by 0.6-0.7 cm. This is necessary to put the rubber band in the slippers.

8. Insert a solid insole into the slippers and close the hole in the heel area with a machine seam.

That's all, the charming indoor slippers are ready! They can be decorated with small fabric flowers, as well as beads and beads.

Don’t forget to share this amazing idea with your friends, let them also be inspired by a great master class!

Tags

See also

New and interesting