Parents did not give an apartment after the wedding, extorting what they promised and want justice

“My parents bought an apartment when I was 15 years old. They promised that I would get it in the future. But I got married, and the situation does not change, complains Angelina. The girl demands that his father finally rewrite the house in her name. But the man is in no hurry to do so. As the family drama ends, read more in the article.

My parents always tried to do everything possible so that I did not know what poverty was. I cannot say that we lived in complete prosperity. But I never complained about my life. My father had a dream to buy me an apartment. He started saving for housing before I was born.

My parents bought an apartment when I was 15 years old. They repaired it and began to rent it to the tenants. This provided additional income. I knew I was going to grow up and get housing. It was a little more relaxed. I wasn’t afraid to get married without any support.

I always felt like I owed my parents. So I studied hard to get a good education and start earning decent money. I met my future husband at work. Our relationship began quickly. Very soon he asked me to get married. I was in seventh heaven with happiness!

When we got married, there was a question of where we would live. Of course, I remembered my apartment. My parents quickly settled the rent issue, and Vova and I moved into our apartment. But my husband started saying that he was worried that the apartment was not in my name. Like, he doesn't feel like a master here. And he won't be able to feel it until my father rewrites the place in my name.

Serious conversation with my parents I was embarrassed to talk about it with my parents. But they promised that the apartment would be mine. So why not just do the paperwork now so that there are no problems in the future? I gathered my spirit and talked about it with my father at a family party.

He didn't like it very much. He said he didn't want to do it because no one needed paperwork. And I'll get the apartment by right of inheritance when my parents are gone.

I started explaining to my dad what Vova was going through. He wants to be the master of the house. But he can't because the apartment isn't technically mine. He is so uncomfortable that he is ready to start saving money for his home. But I don’t want to save money because of it. A closed circle!

When my father heard this, he said that my new husband had yet to show himself. Like, getting married is one thing, but building a life with a person is completely different. Dad was literally hinting that our marriage might fall apart in a couple of years. So you should not be led to the apartment manipulations of the husband.

I was speechless when I heard that! Do my parents not trust my choice? After that conversation, I decided to live in that apartment. I'm starting to look for rental options. It will be better for me, my husband and my parents.

The vital wisdom and advice of the Parental Promise editorial board is great. But do not live with the certainty that nothing promised can suddenly change. Of course, no tragedy in Angelina’s life actually happened. However, this situation made it clear to her that her parents were wary of her husband. And that's really hurtful!

Parents should respect the choices of their adult children. After all, their further communication depends on this. And if the heroine seriously abandons her potential apartment, it can further worsen her relationship with her mother and father. What do you say?

Tags

See also

New and interesting