My husband controls all my expenses, I give him a penny.

Saving the family budget - It's useful. But in everything and always need to know the measure. Galya understands this, but she can do nothing with her husband. He takes all her salary, controls all expenses and makes sure that the woman does not spend an extra penny. What it is like to live with a greedy husband, read further in the article.

When my husband proposed to me, we didn’t talk about money. I just married the man I loved, not knowing what awaits me next. Loved him. But at home, Dima turned out to be a very difficult person. This is especially true in the distribution of money earned. “Saving the family budget is the basis of all the basics!” – my husband liked to repeat.

I must say that he earns decently. I can’t complain about my salary either. However, the problem is that Dima takes all my paycheck. He is the only one who controls how we spend our money. The husband controls every penny in the literal sense of the word.

I remember him chastising me for giving me the wrong change at the checkout because there should be more pennies. And when I said that sometimes cashiers don't give them because they're not in the cash register, he made a scandal. Why do I let the shops fool me?

I have to save on everything. I take food to work in my trays while my colleagues dine in the cafe next door. Dima believes that this is sloppiness and an unnecessary waste of money. Lunch can be prepared in advance at home. I feel like a white crow in the office. At lunchtime, I sit alone and chew my food.

I can't go out and buy anything either. I just don't have any money. My husband and I go shopping together. He always pays. And if I have to run to the store near the house, I ask him for money for something specific, then I give him the check so he can check everything.

I write this and I do not believe myself: why do I tolerate this? It's not normal for a husband to not trust his wife. I've tried talking to Dima before. He thinks we can save for a happy old age. But what’s the point if you have to limit yourself the rest of the time?

However, Dima does not consider this a limitation. He lives very simply, he can walk for months in the same shoes until he wears them completely. He only has a few pairs of socks, shorts and other clothes.

We hardly ever go to birthday parties. I'm just ashamed to bring birthday parties half-empty envelopes or a set of some cheap dishes. I always feel like I’m not like we’re living very poor and can’t afford anything. And this is despite the fact that we have our own apartment, which does not need to pay for rent. When I ask where all our money is, Dima replies that he put it in the account at interest.

Sounds good, of course. But I want to live here and now! I'm afraid to imagine what would happen if we had a baby. Will my husband save on him? I won't let that happen. I am beginning to think that I am living with the wrong person. At the same time, the idea of divorce scares me. I don't know what not to do.

All money issues must be discussed with your partner before you go down the aisle. Being married to someone who takes your salary and controls your every move is not normal. Galya does not fully understand that she is in a toxic and unhealthy relationship. You have to run from a man like that! Talking to him is probably useless.

I wonder, how would you solve this problem, being in the place of the main character?

Tags

See also

New and interesting