Husband’s relatives always celebrate New Year’s Eve at our expense.

How you should behave educated guest? Bring a gift to the owners of the house or listen to their requests. For example, replace a surprise with a festive dish. It is a pity that such attentive guests are quite rare. While very often housewives do not have time for a holiday.

This story happened to Svetlana, a lady extremely kind and responsive. Once, at the beginning of the marriage, the husband offered to gather a large family with them for the New Year. The light was incredibly pleased with this idea. “A great opportunity to establish yourself as a good hostess and a caring spouse,” thought the young daughter-in-law.

Only here the light itself had not so many relatives. Parents and older brother with wife. That's all. But Valentine's husband has relatives at least a pond. For the celebration of the New Year they gathered a car and a small cart. I didn't even know the light. But what can I do if my husband idea It seemed extremely successful.

The hostage only did not take into account two factors. First, Valentine went out of his way to prove that he was better than his younger brother Dmitry. Parents, as is often the case, loved the younger child more. And secondly, Valya. Didn't plan on helping. The wife in preparation for the celebration. He said he was still entertaining his guests. Then the young Sveta dutifully agreed with her husband. And went to the galleys...

The light "licked" the house to shine. Guests not only need to feed and entertain, but also to arrange for the night. Every corner of the house should be clean. Large packages of products were carried by herself. I cooked from morning to night alone. She set the tables and decorated the house herself. In my mind, I was glad at least that my husband deigned to give money for food.

But even though Sveta was wildly tired, she too was waiting for some kind of holiday from this New Year. I wanted fun, easy communication, pleasant gifts, delicious food. And if she was sure of the latter, she doubted the rest. On day X, a huge family gathered at two tables. But this holiday was one for Svetlana. disappointment.

(Not)Dear Guests Poor Woman Was Only Forced run aroundLike a lazy boy. Or a waiter or a maid. In general, while everyone ate three throats, drank and laughed, Sveta could not relax. Guests were asked to warm up, add, bring or carry, pour, replace something. Extremely ill-mannered guests, to put it mildly.

After the whole crowd decided to go to sleep, Sveta quietly cried in the toilet. She was damned hurt that no one even praised her. Nobody said a word. Even his parents and brother sat quietly on the sidelines, melancholy watching what was happening. But what was worse was that this happened every year.

And no matter how Sveta tried to correct the situation, nothing worked. She asked to bring her own dishes, but the guests magically forgot about this request. I wanted to celebrate in a restaurant, but my husband hastened to report that he is not a billionaire. Sveta was an ordinary housewife and financially dependent on her husband.

In an attempt to find the help of Light, she decided to talk to her mother. “I thought you liked having this feast for the whole world,” her mother replied unfazed. The light was in shock and from such a misunderstanding just cried. She explained that it was very difficult for her to do everything herself for so many years. Do not forget that on the fragile shoulders of the woman lay the post-holiday cleaning.

However, talking to her mother gave her nothing. And Svetlana decided to act cardinally. This New Year, relatives will be ringing forks on empty plates. “Stop sitting around my neck. Can I go to someone’s house and ask them to take the fish away? It smells, I like meat more. Serve more meat, Svetulya, the Light wriggled mentally, thinking of her mother-in-law.

That's what guests are gonna do. No food. No lodging. And no jewelry, either. Entertainment program, listening to boring stories from life, stupid concerts on TV. The Light loved it wildly.

And while the relatives will wonder how this happened, Sveta. run off to the main square cities. Enjoy the holiday with everyone. Laugh, dance and relax. What about Sveta's plan? Would you accept such a New Year adventure? How would you keep your insolent relatives away? Is that how a decent guest should behave?

Tags

See also

New and interesting