Kids don’t sleep well after a day at Grandma’s, I don’t want to give her kids.

New parents are careful to ensure that calendar was clear and correct. After all, the well-being of the baby depends on this. And the discipline of children is best taught from a young age - in the future it will be useful!

Andrei and Natasha did everything possible to ensure that their children grew up in accordance with the established daily routine. Daytime sleep, walks, meals - all right. But my mother-in-law had plans for this. How this story ended, read further in the article.

When my wife and I discussed the issue of parenthood, we firmly decided that our relatives will influence the children minimally. At least initially. I have always understood that a child is a big responsibility. And I didn’t want to leave it to strangers, even relatives.

Natasha got pregnant a year after our wedding. A boy was born, our heir. Then, a year and a half later, a small daughter appeared in our family. I was as happy as my beloved wife.

Our lives were in the best possible way. I worked hard at work to provide for my family. Natasha was engaged in children and household chores. Often my position allowed me to stay at home, so I helped my wife, actively participated in the lives of my children. My grandparents came to visit us occasionally. But we never left Dima and Tanya alone with them for more than a couple of hours.

The daily routine of the child has always been a very important component in education. Dima is now three and a half years old and lives on a clear schedule. Sleep, walks, meals - we take everything into account. With the daughter is still simpler, more listen to her needs, she is still quite small. When you have a well-developed scheme, dealing with children is not so difficult.

During this time, we once went on a joint vacation with children. Usually in such trips take mother-in-law or mother-in-law to help with children. But we did it ourselves. And I'm very proud of us! My wife is a beautiful mother. But recently she shared with me her innermost wish: "I want to get out of town with you for a day." Just you and me. Do you think that's possible?

I thought for a moment and said, Our children are old enough. We could leave them for a day with my mom, for example. What do you say? I think she would be happy to spend the day with her grandchildren.” Natasha liked my idea, especially since she had a good relationship with her mother-in-law. My mother also accepted the offer with joy, because I had not offered it to her before.

Before we left, my wife and I gave my mother a lot of instructions. They told me when and what children eat, when they walk and sleep. Anything that can be useful during the day. I was sure my mother would not let us down. My wife and I had a good rest. Natasha was right: we needed a weekend like air.

When we got home, what we saw was, to put it mildly, shocking. At 11:00 a.m., the living room lights up. Our son sits on the floor playing, my mother lulls our daughter into her arms. Unbelievable!

"Mom, what's going on? Why aren’t the kids sleeping? he asked. My mother said that children today are very active, do not obey and eat more than before. On the street, too, did not work out, because Dima arranged a tantrum and ordered to go home. These are the pies!

Natasha snatched our daughter from her mother’s arms and silently went into the room. I took my son in my arms and asked my mother to leave. I don't know what to do now. My wife is very angry with her mother-in-law. And I'm not happy about what happened. After this incident, we could not bring the children to their senses for 3 days. Was it so hard just to follow our instructions?

Life Wisdom: What does this story teach us? The situation is not easy, agree. I understand the feelings of the main characters. They taught their children order for their good. I wanted my mother-in-law to take that into account. But on the other hand, what did they expect from a grandmother who had never spent so much time with her grandchildren before? And the children themselves were clearly not ready for this, so the hysteria of the son is quite understandable.

One way or another, the blame for what happened is not just Grandma. The end of the world didn't happen. They just need to spend more time together to get used to each other’s company. What do you say?

Tags

See also

New and interesting